SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Saabers:

(I own a 2004 saab 9-3SS)
I must say that this site is the best. I come again and need help in deciding what route to take. I have bought recently 17 inch ASA wheels for both looks, performance, and comfort. Looks wise the rims are nice, performance wise they do the job and they are comfortable but my vision on the way they would look came up a bit short. The space between the tires and the wheel well is quite noticable. I need a set of springs that will lower the car to achieve the look I want but I don't want to drop it to the degree that it will ghetto the car out. I know you Saabers know what I am looking to acheive!
I know H&R has 30MM and 45 MM drop. My question to all is which one.

I need to obtain that look but at the same time keep the comfort level. I don't want to drop it too much and make it look ghetto.
Please advise as well as send pictures of your cars with the lowered springs. I have 17 inch rims and would like to have about an inch of space between the tire and the begining of the wheel well.

Your help is needed asap as I want to plump down the cheddar for the springs and get them installed asap. :lol: Pictures please!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
The 45mm are pretty low. This car has 17s. Needs body kit, just a development chassis though... Ride is not horrible but pretty stiff.
Hope these images are not too big ?800px

·
Registered
895 Posts
Im not sure if you are interested but.. if you are looking to keep the OEM ride but aftermarket height, go with "intrax" springs. they are made specificly for that purpose.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NickTaliaferro are those 45mm fitments, 40mm or the 30mm H&R please specify. That is the look I am looking for. How much did it cost to get the car lowered.

Please let me know as I want to put down the chedder for the H&R springs.

Thanks for the pics:cheesy:

·
Registered
254 Posts
voodoochile said:
Royce- are those the 35mm or the 45mm H&R fitment?
Best regards...
Not sure which one I got. They are rated as 1.4" front/1.3" rear which come out to about 35mm front/33mm rear. I would assume they are 35mm.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Royce: Thanks man. I have heard that the 35mm set is preferred over the 45mm, at least as far as providing a nice balance between handling and some comfort.
It's nice to have tight roll control, but you don't wan't to have everything rattling like crazy after a year, either. :eek:

Nick: Looks sharp. My '99 was delivered with 16" RKs on it... what a gorgeous wheel it is. Nice to see them in this application.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
My Black SS Linear has the 30mm H&R, also put a larger rear ARB on among other parts. More on that later. Took about 4 hours to do springs and rear bar.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
M4Gunner said:
did you not do the front bar?
With a front driver, you prolly don't want to go too big on the front ARB ... gotta keep those drive wheels in contact with the pavement, and going bigger in the rear will make it a bit more tossable & give the handling more of a "RWD feel"

1 - 13 of 13 Posts