SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's very easy but a few pictures may be helpful. It took a while for me to figure out how to remove the little cubby and start lifting up the trim from the back. It's easy to break trim/connectors or scratch up the das/ and console when you're not patient or don't know how. ;)

Pictures can also be found here:
http://wulfers.net/auto/repairs/centerconsole/index.html

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
Great thread thanks ;)

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a thread with detailed instructions by Mattlach somewhere but finding it will take too long without the SC search.. sorry.. :cry:

It should be in the FAQs. Perhaps you can find it with the Google thing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It's very easy but a few pictures may be helpful. It took a while for me to figure out how to remove the little cubby and start lifting up the trim from the back. It's easy to break trim/connectors or scratch up the das/ and console when you're not patient or don't know how. ;)

Pictures can also be found here:
http://wulfers.net/auto/repairs/centerconsole/index.html

AGH! this is exactly the post/pics I need however they are not showing up. I'm trying to replace the faux wood trip around my 1999 95 Automatic shift car and I can't figure out how to remove the decorative black trim from the shift selector. There appears to be a small rectangular button next to the Park or "p" but when depressed it does not free up the trim...

Help!

Tx

·
Registered
61 Posts
There is no need to remove the instruments around the steering wheel, once you remove the air outlets it can be easily lifted upwards. I've done it the first time and it haven't taken more than 30mins.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,883 Posts
WIS has an informative section on instrument panel and console panel removal. The biggest challenge we faced was getting the junkyard car's shift lever out of park. Fortunately the key was still in the car; even without the battery, turn key to ON and poke screwdriver into the park lock release.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts