SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm looking at buying a bigger turbo for my Aero.. it's a Garret GT30.76R a guy has it *used* with onl about 900 miles on it... he wants to go bigger apparently. He wants $1,300 for the turbo, claiming it was $1,600 + shipping. When I asked about details on the turbo this is what he sent me.

"Under 900 miles. One week of dyno tuning a few weeks driving. Forged wheel ball bearing t3 housing vband hot side outlet."

My question is would it still be worth it? Or should I just go GT35R? Or maybe a Precision 62/62 billet wheel, ball bearing?

I'm not that informed on turbos... how much bigger is a 30.76R as opposed to the td04-19T I have now would it be a big jump?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I personally think that's too much and last time I checked, they weren't $1600 new. As far as size goes, the gt30 is a monster compared to the 19t. Just Google some pics of both. Also you'll have to think about all the supporting mods that need to be done (ie internals, fuel, exhaust manifolds, intake) and the fact that nobody makes off the shelf parts for anything larger than the 19t.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Vtuner posted a link to the build on the SP Russian built GT35R. The crossover to footing style t3 manifold is what I was thinking of having made... and I'm more than capable of making my own exhaust. No one knows what these internals are rated to... but the fact is that in the LP9 all of the internals are forged, I'm sure they can take more than 400hp.

http://www..ru/new_/projects/93ssauto/xxxl/xxxl.htm

(Put s p e e d p a r ts in before the .ru)

Fueling shouldn't be to much of a problem, I already have 650cc injectors installed.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wonder if you could mate the td05h-20G to the td04 turbine housing for faster spooling? DSM guys do that all the time with the Holset h1c not sure what turbine housing they use but do swap on a waaaay smaller one.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Vtuner posted a link to the build on the SP Russian built GT35R. The crossover to footing style t3 manifold is what I was thinking of having made... and I'm more than capable of making my own exhaust. No one knows what these internals are rated to... but the fact is that in the LP9 all of the internals are forged, I'm sure they can take more than 400hp.

http://www..ru/new_/projects/93ssauto/xxxl/xxxl.htm

(Put s p e e d p a r ts in before the .ru)

Fueling shouldn't be to much of a problem, I already have 650cc injectors installed.
I asked Brian the same question recently and he told me that since the stock rods are only sinterforged, he recommends after market forged.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts