SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i deceided im gonna start saving for a ball bearing turbo...After seeing a gt28 put down 314 hp at the wheels on a 9000 and seeing my whimpy 255...i realized a td04-18t wont cut it (probably only hit 300 at the wheels)...

so the question is...which turbo is better? will the 2871 be too laggy for street driving? what A/R is best for a street driving tune with occasional "spirited driving" and maybe some trips to the track?

im already aware of all the install steps...converting dp to full 3 inch all new lines...blah blah...

so what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
593 Posts
28 rs has 54 turbine and a 60 compressor...350 hp
3071 has a 60 turbine and a 71 compressor..450 hp
30gt has a 60 turbine and a 80 compressor..550 hp

Pays your money..

IMHO the 30 gt spools too slow
3071 would be my choice now....

but if I was building a track car and response was everything... 28rs

My guess is you could probably get another 50 hp out of them with a big i/c..

·
Registered
74 Posts
I went through all this myself a couple of months ago :roll: and decided on the 28RS, the 2871 will give you more lag but will be slightly better top end.

Fortunatly Swedish tuners have noticed that the 28RS has become a very popular turbo amongst Saab owners and have started to sell them as "Bolt On" for saabs (not on any web sites yet)

Mine was shipped from Sweden last Thursday and should arrive here in the Uk within the next few days.
I am being supplied with the following.

GT28RS
Rated 370hp
A/R .64 ....better spool up
Ported + Polished...hence 370 and not the usual 350hp.
Actuator bracket re-positioned
Actuator uprated
3" inlet
Outlet to suit JT d/pipe
Use of existing oil/water lines....may need to be bent slightly.
All Gaskets etc. supplied.

Software to follow should be somewhere around 350hp-360hp running at 1.6bar.
Items I am adding myself are, 3bar map sensor, larger injectors bigger intake etc.
All of the above figures are what i have been quoted, I guess I won't find out for sure until I put it on the dyno after installation.

HTH Steve

·
Registered
593 Posts
Software to follow should be somewhere around 350hp-360hp running at 1.6bar.
Items I am adding myself are, 3bar map sensor, larger injectors bigger intake etc.
All of the above figures are what i have been quoted, I guess I won't find out for sure until I put it on the dyno after installation.

HTH Steve[/QUOTE]

out of a 2 litre...

impressive...

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well im in the states so its not as easy to get the ready made kits...but i was just curious as the 2871 r and 28rs had all of a $10 price difference. Im guessing ill wind up with the 28 just because its a little less laggy...although nothing is finalised as im basically broke from buying a sachs pp...so we shall see

1 - 5 of 5 Posts