SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I recently got my hands on a td04 turbo and I am looking to upgrade it. Car currently has the GT-17 and is a 2001 9-3. I have been looking at doing this for quite some time, and seem to only be able to find posts about the t25 to td04 conversion, and even so, the information is varied from place to place... Can I get some help on what exact parts to buy so i can do this right? I plan on taking it to my mechanic, so I want to get all the right parts, and not fiddle with existing lines, etc.
I appreciate your help
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, i have seen that plenty of times, looks and sounds like the t25 and gt17 only have 1 or 2 differences in terms of parts needed for the upgrade? My question is though, if i am looking at getting new lines made up, i should have each one have a 12mm side and 14mm side? and the pitch on the banjo bolts is m12 x 1.25?

so. 3 lines.. 2 for water, 1 for oil in. then oil return assembly, of course a new manifold gasket. already have the turbo stay, intake pipe, and wastegate.. anything else?? should of asked this right off the bat :cool:
Thanks,
Chris

·
Registered
466 Posts
I just did this. You do not need to have new lines made. The only thing you will need are the banjo bolts to fit the new turbo and new washers. I was lucky and my turbo came with the bolts so I didn't need to buy new ones.

Good luck.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so you just swapped the banjo bolts to fit the td04 with the banjo bolts already on the lines attached to the gt-17? do you know what kind they are?
i saw somewhere they were 12mm m8x1.5? or something like that...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok. i think i finally got it all sorted out..

2 options

1) get new lower coolant line AND upper coolant line from aero/se/viggen, 2 new 12mmx1.5 banjo bolts, and manifold gasket

or

2) manifold gasket, 2 new 2mm x 1.5 banjo bolts, and 4 1/2" copper crush washers, fitted on both side of existing banjo on turbo entry/exit to deal with the size difference of the coolant lines for the gt-17 (14mm as apposed to 12mm td04)

let me know if it sounds right. im pretty sure i got it right.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Conversion for a 1999 9-5

Does anyone know if you can do this with a 99 9-5 2.3L. My Gt 17 blew and I am thinking of buying a Td-04 to replace it with. Please let me know. Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
ok. i think i finally got it all sorted out..
1) get new lower coolant line AND upper coolant line from aero/se/viggen, 2 new 12mmx1.5 banjo bolts, and manifold gasket
Does anyone have part #'s for the 2 lines, bolt, and gasket that I need to fit a TD04 in place of the busted GT17 on my 9-5 2.3L ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
im curently doing the same swap bu to my 99 9-3 but do i need that new intake tube or will the old one just bolt up ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts