SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys -
I know this info is probably in a thread somewhere, but does anyone know what the access to the turbo flange bolts are like in the 2005 9-3 2.0T linear? Also, in reading the forums, it seems like a CEL goes on for about 50% of the people who put in a downpipe...that about right? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Hey guys -
I know this info is probably in a thread somewhere, but does anyone know what the access to the turbo flange bolts are like in the 2005 9-3 2.0T linear?
Access to the bolts isn't that bad, but they can get rusty and the nuts can be super difficult to remove. Just pop off the turbo heat shield and you should be able to see them. You may have to crawl up all funny on the engine to get a good angle.

People have been known to actually break off the rusted bolts. Be careful.

Also, in reading the forums, it seems like a CEL goes on for about 50% of the people who put in a downpipe...that about right? Thanks.

The CEL is due to the type of cat in the DP. The GS DP's cat does not result in CELs as far as I know. I think a 50% rate is a bit high...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey guys -
Also, in reading the forums, it seems like a CEL goes on for about 50% of the people who put in a downpipe...that about right? Thanks.
Yea, this is in several threads. Defouler is the solution.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts