thanks for the pcs, it's far easier to see what you were on about now
Sump plug visible on this image.Chris 9-5 said:Can you advise if there is any restriction after fitting in getting to the sump plug, as you know we all change our oil on a weekly basis
Matt finish in powder will not be a problemdenmaster said:.... About the matt black though, if I am not mistaken you can't powdercoat in a matt colour, it generally turns out shiny. It would be matt after acouple of weeks under there anyway?
denmaster said:Okay all, have spoken to the guys again, some quick updates:
1) welds can be ground down a little to neaten no problems here..
2) he doesn't do powder coating in matt black. The best he can do is gloss black. Gloss silver and gloss red are fine, but for matt black he advises that perhaps regular automotive paint may be a cheap and quick alternative, albeit not as lasting. In my opinion components under the chassis should be powdercoated, because theres all sorts of horrible stuff under there...
3) access to the oil drain is definitely not impeded. I change oil daily not weekly, and it was very important to me as a design point...
Can we have the confirmed interests and colours please?
1) chico_85 - gloss silver, powder coat
2) Abaddon - gloss silver or gloss black, powder coat
3) Gazolzwurf - matt black, regular auto paint
4) Rheboi - matt or gloss black, powder coat
5) Gabis - gloss black, powder coat
6) SectorNine50 - gloss red, powder coat
Please copy and paste the newest copy of the list in your replies and update it with your preference...