SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this winter i have experienced alot of traction issues. So i checked my tires, the studs are pretty much gone and i have huge problems in snow. The bigger question is why my car feels like (swimming) i dont know how to pronounce this phenomen. It happens mostly at 80+ km/h and on turns. It just doesnt feel right. May it be also because my winter tires are like 4 years old somekinda hankook ones?

·
Registered
11,790 Posts
Change tires first.
What size tires and rims you use?
What tire pressure you use in winter tires?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im using 225/45 R17 tires and i just topped em up to 2.6bar i think. But yeah still feels funny when turning fast at high speed. Its like i can feel the tires flexing or smth

·
Super Moderator
10,037 Posts
what is the depth of the tread,i read some where that at 4mm winter tyres become useless..

·
Registered
55 Posts
what is the depth of the tread,i read some where that at 4mm winter tyres become useless..
4mm 😅 glad that's just for the winter tyres and not normal summer tyres 😕💵💵 given the standard 8mm from new that would be throwing tyres at 50% usable tread left. But you're right it's amazing how it feels at brand new driving and tackling challenging conditions 😁

·
Super Moderator
10,037 Posts
@Mo-333 i change my tyres at 6yrs old or 2.5mm-ish of tread left which ever comes sooner,anything less than 2mm imo will not clear standing water well,which could lead to aquaplaning/hydroplaning...

·
Registered
10,536 Posts
4mm 😅 glad that's just for the winter tyres and not normal summer tyres 😕💵💵 given the standard 8mm from new that would be throwing tyres at 50% usable tread left. But you're right it's amazing how it feels at brand new driving and tackling challenging conditions 😁
A tire with 4mm tread doesn't have 50% tread left, more like 25% if you're lucky.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts