SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a grinding noise coming from inside the driver-side wheel well and can't figure out where it's coming from :evil:

I've replaced the axle, the bearing, removed the dust shield completely, checked the brake caliper and pads, and the noise is still there!

It happens at all speeds, it had been clicking in addition to the grinding until I put the new axle in.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Did you double check that the brake spring clip is properly installed? Does the grinding sound go away when you press the brakes?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Automatic or manual transmission? When I bought my first Saab,the 9-3 base, 4 1/2 years ago, the manual transmission had just a half cup of lube in it. The axle bushing was so worn out even a new seal would not hold the oil. I don't recall any grinding noise,maybe because the wife was driving it more than I. I don't know,,maybe check the motor mount also.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's an automatic, just replaced the transmission fluid with my last oil change, looked like the previous owner hadn't for a while. I have owned this car for a while and probably should have looked at it earlier. I'll check out the spring clip tomorrow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts