SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I've read a bit about other people's grinding sounds and front brakes.

One of my front brakes is grinding, and then there's a beat on top of that. When I hit this "beat" spot, I can feel the brake pedal move under my feet. The brakes, rotors, calipers, pads were installed new about 6-weeks ago.

This noise happens most of the time, but not always, regardless of speed or driving direction. Ideas?

·
Registered
12,353 Posts
At the minimum, it sounds like the rotors are not true and are causing the pedal to "beat" in and out. They might have torqued the wheels incorrectly, or used inferior parts.

I would take it back to where the work was done and have them check it out... Ron

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Possible warped disks due to being over worn (to thin).They get to hot an buckle

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Hello. I've read a bit about other people's grinding sounds and front brakes.

One of my front brakes is grinding, and then there's a beat on top of that. When I hit this "beat" spot, I can feel the brake pedal move under my feet. The brakes, rotors, calipers, pads were installed new about 6-weeks ago.

This noise happens most of the time, but not always, regardless of speed or driving direction. Ideas?
A very serious matter if new parts were not installed as per the bill..At VW, back in the 70s, we had to return the customers old parts...not very practical in many cases.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts