SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my chrome grill plasti-dipped by the previous owner. I want to re-do it and leave the center chrome piece exposed. I was just playing around today and actually could not find how to detach and then disassemble all of the grill.

Can someone either point me in the right direction or give me a heads up as to how to go about this.

2006 aero

Thanks

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
I had my chrome grill plasti-dipped by the previous owner. I want to re-do it and leave the center chrome piece exposed. I was just playing around today and actually could not find how to detach and then disassemble all of the grill.

Can someone either point me in the right direction or give me a heads up as to how to go about this.

2006 aero

Thanks
Drop the front bumper shell. Everything is easily accessible from behind. I can remove the front bumper in about 20 minutes, so it's not that hard.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
not a fan of just the center chrome piece..... the chrome exterior and black middle strip doesnt look half bad, so i would either do that or just keep it all black. but hey, it's your car.

chome middle peice:nono;

just black middle stirp;ol;

all black;ol;

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
You have to excuse the Toyota plate surround. That's where i bought her, some idiot traded this beauty in for a Solara. It had 50,000 on it, and it was immaculate. I paid 10,000. All I gotta say is " Suckaaaa, enjoy that Solara, and thanks for my nocturne vert " Lol.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
it looks green in this pic, but if that green was an option, i might consider trade for it.:lol:
Yeah, that's what i like about the nocturne blue. It changes with the daylight, and looks pitch black at night. I see a few 9-3's around my neighborhood but no nocturne ones. It's rare, and it's sharp. But that green would be cool.

·
Registered
119 Posts
not a fan of just the center chrome piece..... the chrome exterior and black middle strip doesnt look half bad, so i would either do that or just keep it all black. but hey, it's your car.

chome middle peice:nono;

just black middle stirp;ol;

all black;ol;
What bumper is that in the first picture? Looks awesome, do you have more pics

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
What bumper is that in the first picture? Looks awesome, do you have more pics
It almost looks like a photoshopped '03-'07 bumper top half, with an '08-'11 lower half grafted onto it. But it does look cool.
correct ^, but real bumper. search "08 bumper on a 03 9-3", there was a whole thread on it. that is where the pictures are from

edit: that won't pop up in the search function on here, so i googled it for you. here is the thread I'm talking about....
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227951

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
correct ^, but real bumper. search "08 bumper on a 03 9-3", there was a whole thread on it. that is where the pictures are from

edit: that won't pop up in the search function on here, so i googled it for you. here is the thread I'm talking about....
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227951
Thanks Fivestar. Could u post a pic of your car with the yellow headlight tint, i think i likey...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts