SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

First off this is my 3rd Saab. I've owned a '81 900Turbo/manual, a 84 900S(non-turbo), and my latest a 99 9-3 'vert.

I'm a wrenchhead by nature. My other two current vehicles are a '05 Volvo S40 T5 and a '94 Impala SS. My wife won't allow me to touch the Volvo ;oops: and the Impala is modified to the hilt.

This will be my first foray into modifying a turbo. I'd like to start out with some easy inexpensive mods and was wondering what I should do first for immediate improvement. In yuor experience what vendor's make the best Cold air kits, 3' pipes, IC's and ECU programs?
I would also like to use Viggen convertible front and rear bumpers. Does anyone have a good source or will I have to go salvage yard hunting?

·
Registered
761 Posts
I do believe your going to salvage yard hunt. Unless some pop up on ebay. Someone was freaking about how hard it was to get the bumpers on their car.. not sure if it was a 900 or a 93.

Goodluck.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
If there is a sorce, people will keep it to themselves as these bumpers are EXTREMELY wanted and hard to find. You can get them from the dealer but for more than anyone thinks they are worth, try there and you'll get an idea at the prices of these bumpers. You might be better off looking for the 00+ 9-3 SE's kit as they have a little more agressive styling than base 9-3s but not quite to the level of the viggen.

As for performance just run a search, check you the "your mods" at the top of this forum as its designed for people like you who are looking to see whats out there and can be done.

www.mpperformance.com

www.genuinesaab.com

www.jakstollperformance.com

theres a few others but start there and seach and if any serious questions come up, just ask.

Welcome aboard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts