SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months back, I bought and fitted a 3" DP but it only lasted 2 months before it split just below the turbo.

I complained & sent photo's to MP who promptly sent out a replacement and it's just arrived! :cool:

I told Matthew that I'd already fully repaired the "old" one but he still offered to replace it. He doesn't want the old one back either... so I can't complain at that!

I just wish his stage 2 had been finished before I upgraded to BSR stage 3.

Still... thumbs up.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So what are you doing with the old repaired one? :cheesy:
It's on the car... it was repaired a few weeks ago. The repair is far stronger now, so the garage said to leave it on.

Molitoth said:
How could you tell it was cracked?

-Did you just happen to notice the crack?
-Did you suspect it was cracked due to lack of performance?
-Did you notice the sound of it being cracked?
It lost quite a bit of power, then CEL'd and went very loud. I thought it was the seal where it connects to the turbo, but it was the garage that spotted the crack right at the welding point.

I was not impressed, especially given the price of these things. I'm going to flog the new one to recover the cost of the repair/being without the car for 2 days.

{update}

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161179
£340 + £10 P+P (should be £469 to the UK)

·
Registered
425 Posts
It's on the car... it was repaired a few weeks ago. The repair is far stronger now, so the garage said to leave it on.

It lost quite a bit of power, then CEL'd and went very loud. I thought it was the seal where it connects to the turbo, but it was the garage that spotted the crack right at the welding point.

I was not impressed, especially given the price of these things. I'm going to flog the new one to recover the cost of the repair/being without the car for 2 days.

{update}

http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161179
£340 + £10 P+P (should be £469 to the UK)

Someone is going to be so lucky getting that thing so cheap!! That's awesome!! Why couldn't you live in MA, USA?! :cheesy:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts