SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is some very nice stuff as an upgrade, finally wood door sills for the 9-5. :cheesy:
They are a great upgrade from the hard plastic OEM door sills that look too cheap for a car like the 9-5. They DO look much better than them.
The wood has to be extremelly heated to bend. I had to make two templates before I got the right one.
The size and shape of the wood door sills are the same than the OEM plastic ones.
I bend the wood in excess as it normally tends to get straighter so that you have no problems in fitting.

This is the kind of work you have to expect

After it is bended, the wood is cut, sanded and later the wood can be tinted to darker or lighter too. After that it is varnished. Wood thickness is aproximatelly 5 mms.
Price would be 140 euros for the complete set. Keep in mind this kind of stuff takes a LOT of time to make.
Please, only ask if you´re serious about buying. Cheers
p.s I also wanna have custom wood door pulls, but that will take much more time.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hey Big "O." These are the kinda things you need to show in pictures post a link to some decent size jpegs ...please! 140 euro's, is around $182 USD tell me you include shipping in the price? :p

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I also cannot see now the pics i uploaded before either, very strange :confused:, and thanks for telling, here they are again

I send you a PM as well

·
Registered
693 Posts
Wow they are very cool. All they need is a coat or two of Polyurethane to keep the scuffs at bay and you'd be ready for the car show. :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts