SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the appropriate place to post this (mods, feel free to move if need be), but I just ordered a couple of extra pairs of these bulbs off of eBay as I love them.

$22/pair and $4.21 S&H. Can't beat that! There's 7 pairs left after I got my grubby paws in there so get on it :cheesy:

Start Your Bidding Here!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
I was extremely disappointed with the Silvania Silverstars, so I was skeptical about ever purchasing other bulbs. But at this price (and my DRL fuse out), I took the "plunge" anyway :)

Thanks for the link!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
timmehhhhhh said:
I was extremely disappointed with the Silvania Silverstars, so I was skeptical about ever purchasing other bulbs. But at this price (and my DRL fuse out), I took the "plunge" anyway :)

Thanks for the link!
Two totally different bulbs even though they're from the same company

Sylvania Silverstars = the suck!
Osram Silverstars = the real deal!

G

·
I have tried so many different bulbs over the years. I put the osram silverstars in about a year and a half ago. They are really the tops. Without a dought the first bulb that are truly worth the money. :D

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Finn said:
I have tried so many different bulbs over the years. I put the osram silverstars in about a year and a half ago. They are really the tops. Without a dought the first bulb that are truly worth the money. :D
I absolutely agree...and the reason why I was searching is because after two years....one finally went out on me last night, on the way home from the pub of course :roll:

I figured at this price it was worth to stock up a bit and have some backups. :D

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
robw said:
Oh sh%t! and I just bought and installed the Sylvanias! Timing is everything :x!!!
Either way, still buy a pair of these because those Sylvanias aren't going to last that long anyway (sorry to say). Well worth the $22 for a pair, you will be amazed!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yep, I can agree with y'all.

The Osram are top banana & @ £14.99/pair, a steal. I popped into Halfords at the weekend and fell on the floor with shock at the prices they charge:eek:

Lets hope I sail through the MOT tomorrow:roll:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Got my bulbs yesterday and I'm a bit mad. These are NOT Osram "Silverstars"...they are just the OEM Osrams that come with the 9-5. This auction was not represented correctly. I'm so so so sorry to all who may have ordered these. I've tried contacting the seller and he won't respond.

Again, my deepest appologies to all.

-----------------------------------------------------

Update:
Just got this reply, and I have to say this is so far the most honest person on eBay I've come accross!!! Read below:

Cryptical,
We've sold about a dozen of those things and your the first person that was
not pleased, so either that makes you smarter than your average bear or
everyone else is not as bright, so to speak.

As I'm not one to argue with convincing data I stared looking into these
again to see what was up, it was our impression these were the Silverstar
bulbs. After a long drawn out process with Osram we tracked down the part#
on the box and indeed you are correct, they are just plain halogen bulbs.
Please accept my apology, we don't intend to mislead anyone with out products.

I believe a refund is in order to say the least!

Cheers,
Bob

PS: keep a couple in the glove box or trunk, if your out and one blows you
can really impress people by just popping the hood and changing it in a
jiffy....!!!!

G

·
Well I guess thats fair enough, I think i would only be happy when my money was back in my account. Still Mr Clever bear at least you got a free set of bulbs :cheesy:

Thats what happens when you mess with a Saab driver :lol:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Finn said:
Well I guess thats fair enough, I think i would only be happy when my money was back in my account. Still Mr Clever bear at least you got a free set of bulbs :cheesy:

Thats what happens when you mess with a Saab driver :lol:
I ordered two sets!!! ;)

When I checked my PayPal account, the funds were put back there before he even sent the email!

Still sucks because I had my original H7's and could've just put one of those in. Now I have one bright light, and one not so bright...ugh. And the place I ordered them from last time is now out of stock. I think I'll have to look into powerbulbs.uk this time.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
So he didn't even ask for the bulbs back? And why don't you consider an HID kit? $200~ maybe? -10% off with eBay's Paypal coupon (valid until 9/28/05!)

·
Registered
181 Posts
No but I've had a look at the spec and they seem a bit expensive for tungsten lamps with different gasses to cool the light colour. $65 a pair for the 3800k lamps.....seems a waste of money:roll:

Tungsten are still prone to failure as your old ones did. How about a HID kit which some here are looking at:cool:

Phil.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'll have to do the payback on this vs. replacing bulbs every 8 months. However, I just took out the DRL fuse which I expect will prolong the bulb life significantly and would push out the HID payback period longer than I'd like. At my 40k checkup I'll have my mechanic Tech II the fog lights to come on when the light switch is in position 1 which will give me a DRL alternative.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts