SaabCentral Forums banner

61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Throttle body fixes 2005 saab 93 sedan sport

This has happened to me. Stopped at a light in manual mode light turns green step on gas...and no power...seems like limp mode but get it over 30mph and it runs just fine.
so did some research everything leads to bad throttle body...so what i did was with the car off...pushed on gas pedal all the way to the floor and hold it.......put key in ignition and start car "DO NOT REMOVE FOOT OFF OF GAS PEDAL UNTIL SID DOES ITS CHECK AND IT SAYS OK"...This reboots the throttle body and you should be back to normal.
Another way is to disconnect the battery for a good 5 minutes or so, this will also reboot the throttle body and you should be back and running. I did purchase another throttle body just in case though as a back up.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
P2135 is a throttle position sensor code, not accelerator pedal position.
Some of these generic OBD readers will get u a wrong code description, always refer to service manuals.
Cleaning the APP have nothing to do with the issue even if it solve it mysteriously it will be temporary.
U need a new throttle body or at least u can try to open up the throttle body and clean the tracks/solder any cracked joints/replace broken wires.
Here is a nice video of how how to take the throttle body out at least:

https://youtu.be/nf3NaoIhw_Y

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
And its easy to test actually if u have any multi graph capable OBD reader or a good scanner:
Just graph both TPS1& TPS2 while moving the throttle flap from closed to fully open slowly (I cant remember if moving the accelerator pedal with ignition ON engine OFF will directly move TP)
U should see nice smooth graph on both while the sum of voltage on both sensors is always 5V (look for any drop out or flat lines in the graph or a sector where the total voltage of both seanors is leas or more than 5V

61 - 63 of 63 Posts