SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i was wondering if anyone has or has seen our car('03) with parchment interior and the speedpart mats from genuinesaab or any other black ones. i think the contrast might look nicer than the beige mats to match the parchment interior. Pictures would be great or just your opinion.

thanks

·
Registered
286 Posts
cary said:
Hey i was wondering if anyone has or has seen our car('03) with parchment interior and the speedpart mats from genuinesaab or any other black ones. i think the contrast might look nicer than the beige mats to match the parchment interior. Pictures would be great or just your opinion.

thanks
my parchment interior actually came with original gray mats. it looks nice. wait let me see if I can get some pics.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
05's and onwards had dark carpets throughout, whether Parchment or grey.....

Actually looks better IMO

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
gjdavies said:
05's and onwards had dark carpets throughout, whether Parchment or grey.....
Interesting...so 2004's with Parchment interior have Parchment carpet?

EDIT...answered my own question. Yes.
Page 7 of the SS Gallery shows parchement carpet at least on an 03. I'll add it to the change list for 04->05.

Nice catch BTW :)

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Viscouse said:
Interesting...so 2004's with Parchment interior have Parchment carpet?

EDIT...answered my own question. Yes.
Page 7 of the SS Gallery shows parchement carpet at least on an 03. I'll add it to the change list for 04->05.

Nice catch BTW :)
Sorry mate, didn't think anything off it when I got my 05!!!

Put down "lessened quality of build" as an 04>05 change too
:evil:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for the responses. I actually ordered the gray saab mats for my parchment but recieved beige in the mail. They look nice but i am still considering an exchange. But that black debadged one with the bbs's looks awesome. It reminded me of another question i had. Are the euro bumper strips from genuinesaab.com that replace those ugly side markers legal in the US? If not what is the fine? If so is installation easy? I want to order them along with the jr air filter from genuine saab but would like a response first.

thanks

·
Super Moderator
20,432 Posts
I think they are just a safety item. Next time you're out driving take a look at other cars and see if they have a turn signal bulb on the front side of their car. I guarantee it won't be very common so it can't be a law that you have to have them. I ordered mine shorty after getting my car and they're easy to swap in.

Other items you may be interested in:

Euro side mirror - Identical to the passenger side mirror. Easy to install. You'll never have to turn your head again to see your blind spot.

BBS valve stem covers - IMO, the original black "knobs" are ugly.

A euro front plate ( I think there are three of them, one that says Saab, Saab 9-3, or turbo) if you don't have to have a front plate in CA.

A dead pedal, otherwise you'll rub the foot rest carpet through.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I really like the look of the dark grey carpets with the parchment interior. I loved the parchment when I got my car, but I knew that the parchment rugs were a recipie for disaster... It really looks great with the Aero interior since they match the accents in the seats.

·
Registered
850 Posts
With the parchment you can choose the Black carpets....

There are 3 colors for the carpets.

Grey, Black and Parchment.

I purchase a new multiclimate carpets for my 9-3ss, grey ones, but also a Black for one friend of mine that has the parchment interior.

greetings

1 - 15 of 15 Posts