SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Open the nipple at the slave cylinder. Leave it open about 30 minutes. Have someone push the clutch pedal in. while they are holding it down, tighten the nipple.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
supremedalek said:
What if you are by yourself?
then get one of these.... there must be an alternative if exact product is not available stateside

hook up to spare tire with the bottle full of fluid, open nipple, wait for no bubbles to come out and close nipple..... take off from spare tire, and you are done

bled my clutch after all new components (pipe, slave, plates etc) in about 30 seconds)

careful the bottle doesnt empty tho, you will have to start all over again

G

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should I assume it is attached to the brake reservoir for it to work? I think some people have also attached a tire stem to a spare brake reservoir cap. I was going to use my mighty vac pump but I can only find the pump itself, not the reservoir. ;oops:

·
Registered
13,112 Posts
Fill the reservoir
Wipe off the top
Open the bleed screw
Blow into the reservoir for 30 seconds (that creates about 1/2 psi)
Close bleed screw
If the clutch still has air in it, compress the slave cylinder with a long screwdriver. This forces fluid, and any air, back into the reservoir.
This process is foolproof even with today's improved fools.

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
supremedalek said:
Should I assume it is attached to the brake reservoir for it to work?

yep, sorry
the bottle has 2 tubes thru the cap.... one to supply pressure from the tire, the other to allow the fresh fluid out and into the resovoir

G

·
Registered
392 Posts
How does one blow into the reservoir? I'm sure that can't be tasty. How big does your mouth need to be? *Stops before this becomes not fourm appropriate*:cool:

·
Registered
645 Posts
"Horse Lungs"
Ive always wondered if horses and dogs and the like can blow? Is it a human thing or can animals do it?

Disclaimer: Im not into abusing animals or anything just wondered if they can blow.

·
Registered
2,996 Posts
Bawheid said:
Ive always wondered if horses and dogs and the like can blow? Is it a human thing or can animals do it?

Disclaimer: Im not into abusing animals or anything just wondered if they can blow.
Well, it's just breathing out really hard, so I'd assume so. What I can tell you is that horses are incapable of vomitting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts