79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I was looking into getting some sort of guage housing. Post up some pictures of the install if you can. I would love to see how it looks when it is all in.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It will be installed this weekend but until then go to the following link. It gives pictures and pricing. These are the same people I bought my gauges from . With shipping and the purchase of a $11 part to properly hook up the oil temp gauge the total came to $400 and it was here within 2 days.

Check it out.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=646615

Rudi

·
Registered
86 Posts
This gauge setup is pretty pimp, too:

It replaces the clock on the dash. Turbo, Oil temp, Oil pressure and Water temp. The boost gauge mounts on the steering column.

Defi d-Link gauges. They have peak/hold and recording/playback (controlled with a little black box you mount wherever you want.) All electronic gauges.

PM me for pricing.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking about that gauge setup but I didn't like that particular gauge pod because of how big and tall it is. I liked the look of the one I got because it looked cleaner. If I were to get that dash mounted bezel I'd put something else there, I've seen people put there headunits there.

rudi

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
F22 said:
Defi gauges are sweet but theyre ridiculously priced.
That's for sure. Another nice gauge is the Autometer Nexus gauges, those are equally expensive but very nice. I wanted the Defi gauges but they were way too pricey.

Rudi

·
Registered
30 Posts
Gauge Pods

Rudy,

I like the dash bezel gauge pod set-up, clean and unassuming (and the cops won't be looking for your A-pillar gauges). Which gauges did you get? I was wondering where one would get the boost feed if you go mechanical Boost. Is the ECU in the passenger compartment (where you could "T" off the line to the ECU) or is it simpler to simply go with the electrical boost gauge (and perhaps have a little less response). Can't wait for your installed pics.

Scargo

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Scargo said:
Rudy,

I like the dash bezel gauge pod set-up, clean and unassuming (and the cops won't be looking for your A-pillar gauges). Which gauges did you get? I was wondering where one would get the boost feed if you go mechanical Boost. Is the ECU in the passenger compartment (where you could "T" off the line to the ECU) or is it simpler to simply go with the electrical boost gauge (and perhaps have a little less response). Can't wait for your installed pics.

Scargo

Here are the pics of my gauges. I also had the STi short shifter installed along with the Momo shift knob.

Notice how only the redline portion of the RPM's are blocked and the outside temp gauge is not blocked. I'm not sure if the low fuel light will be blocked. Gauges are working well and look awesome. These are both electrical gauges made by Omori. They are full color so you can adjust the color using RGB dials. I will take pictures of the rgb dials during lunch and post them up later. Unless you are very good and gauges installs I'd suggest you go to a shop to have them installed. I personally didn't want to mess anything up so I took it to Harman Motive in Torrance, Ca, they are a Subaru/Mitsubishi shop. They said because of the full color gauges there were a whole bunch of wires and it took twice the time to install, but it came out great. Check out the pics below.

Rudi

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looks awesome. I did see some potential color difference between the bezel and the dash plastics. Is it noticable, or does the digital camera exaggerate things. But either way, it looks super. I'm likely to do it, I just have to see what the wiring situation looks like. BTW, did you electrical or mechanical boost. If mechamical, how did your installer route the boost/vac line?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Scargo said:
Looks awesome. I did see some potential color difference between the bezel and the dash plastics. Is it noticable, or does the digital camera exaggerate things. But either way, it looks super. I'm likely to do it, I just have to see what the wiring situation looks like. BTW, did you electrical or mechanical boost. If mechamical, how did your installer route the boost/vac line?
I believe this bezel is the same as the stock bezel, both are a matte black. My boost gauge is electrical.

Rudi

1 - 12 of 12 Posts