SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my stock muffler with a magnaflow street series muffler (part# 14814). At idle it is a bit deeper than stock and while coasting it is very quiet. The sound starts to get noticable at 2.5k and after 4k it sounds like there is a lot of air rushing through the muffler. Overall, im very happy with the look and sound.

·
Registered
407 Posts
wow yours hangs down super low

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
soul05 said:
wow yours hangs down super low
Yea, im not finished with it yet. For now, it's temporarily bolted on with a flex pipe and some clamps. When I have time, hopefully this weekend im gonna get it welded and positioned farther in and higher up. Sound clips coming soon, the last one I did sounded like crap from passing wind.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ctrlz said:
What did this run you? This is what I would do... replace the muffler and leave the resonator in place.
$85 for the muffler and expect around $50 to get it welded.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Damned04 please tell me how you make an alignment for the exhaust system. I'm having problem too. It's good to know this problem can be solved!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RedRomeo said:
Damned04 please tell me how you make an alignment for the exhaust system. I'm having problem too. It's good to know this problem can be solved!
There is very little room with the new muffler as it is taller than the stock muffler. As you can see it is not completely flush with the bumper. The muffler shop just welded some rods in (See above pic) and used the factory rubber hangers to support the muffler.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts