SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so the front bumper cover on my '01 9-5 lpt, was quite ratty from the PO having it in Boston. Fog missing all spider cracked up, etc. Got a matching color used front bumper grilles and fogs for $75!! So in looking at the conectors hanging down in front of my car they don't seem to match the connector for the cornering lights? And there is no fog light sockets!!:roll: Anyone have a diagram so I know what I am missing?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Saw a SE with no cornering lights?

Ok, well maybe this front bumper is off a Aero, case I looked at a SE at a parking lot near me and where the cornering lights are in thses fogs was blanked out?? Did a '01 Base 9-5 come with cornering lights?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Where did you find a deal like that? Im in Boston and my bumper is ratty and my fog are both cracked. Id even settle for just fog for that price. I can't find them for under 140 dollars each.

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
Early bumpers can be had for cheap! My 00 was a Buffalo city driven car. No cracks but no paint and lots of license plate scratches. Sacrabe green is hard to come buy so I spent a weekend paintings them Chrysler Forrest Green.

Turn signal fogs were 99-01(I think). If you didn't want to wire them in directly I'm sure someone on eBay has the electrical pigtails. Mine were pretty torn up and had to just hook them up to see what would light up.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine is a 2001

Early bumpers can be had for cheap! My 00 was a Buffalo city driven car. No cracks but no paint and lots of license plate scratches. Sacrabe green is hard to come buy so I spent a weekend paintings them Chrysler Forrest Green.

Turn signal fogs were 99-01(I think). If you didn't want to wire them in directly I'm sure someone on eBay has the electrical pigtails. Mine were pretty torn up and had to just hook them up to see what would light up.

So I have a 2001 9-5 lpt, 5-speed so if it was offered in the base my car shoudl havie wiring for the cornering lights. It alreayd has wiring for the fog lights??

·
Registered
7,966 Posts
Where did you find a deal like that? Im in Boston and my bumper is ratty and my fog are both cracked. Id even settle for just fog for that price. I can't find them for under 140 dollars each.
Get some used fogs from ebay that have broken tabs on them and then cook/remove the glass lenses. (heat them in the oven) Glue the lenses into your old fogs and life is good!

The lenses are all the same no matter if they have the cornering lights or not.

Boneyards seem to want to let the ones with broken tabs on them go cheap, they have lots of them.

·
Banned
1,042 Posts
You'll have a pair of wires for each bolb in the foglight. Take a look at my black car with plexiglas/stone guard picture in the "what did you do to your car today" thread.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts