SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello again, everyone! I caught a rock or something with my radiator on my most recent trip to my inlaws, and need to replace the silly plastic thing.

I've seen several good deals on the net for radiators that look the same, but there are some noticeable differences.

Is the OE radiator 1 row, 2 or what? Should it include lines for transmission or engine oil cooling? The price on the saab site seems a little steep, but if that's the only place to get the right one, then that's what I'll do.

Haven't dismantled the old girl yet, as you can tell. I'm currently in the quad cities area in Iowa, still moving in to the new house.

Thanks in advance for the knowledge!

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
If this helps the V6 NG900 and the I4 have the same radiator. The engine oil cooler is seperate from the radiator but the trans fluid is cooled by the radiator. If the trans cooler lines are in good condition then you can probably reuse them, I would replace the banjo bolt washers though.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Hello again, everyone! I caught a rock or something with my radiator on my most recent trip to my inlaws, and need to replace the silly plastic thing.

I've seen several good deals on the net for radiators that look the same, but there are some noticeable differences.

Is the OE radiator 1 row, 2 or what? Should it include lines for transmission or engine oil cooling? The price on the saab site seems a little steep, but if that's the only place to get the right one, then that's what I'll do.

Haven't dismantled the old girl yet, as you can tell. I'm currently in the quad cities area in Iowa, still moving in to the new house.

Thanks in advance for the knowledge!

I've replaced three or four 9-3 radiators in the past few months, can't remember if they're 1 row or 2.

If both 1 and 2 row radiators are available, I'd opt for the 2 row.

Honestly, I think any radiator listed as new for the car should be fine. Only differences is if it's for an auto with the built in trans oil cooler or sans that cooler for the manual gear box cars.

As noted earlier, the engine oil cooler is completely independent (other than hanging off the front of the radiator).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts