SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 900SE Turbo and want some cheap mods that will help out with performance. I saw a sway bar (anti-roll bar) on genuinesaab.com. This seems like a good starting point for better handling and agility. Anyone have a better idea to get started? I want more horsepower and improved handling without breaking the bank if possible. (please keep in mind I'm a college student, so it doesn't take much to break my wallet. lol)

·
Registered
328 Posts
....there have been about 6 posts on this topic in the last 2 weeks :roll: .... look back in the threads or do a search for "upgrades" or "performance" or something along those lines. that should answer most/all of your questions.
sway bar is good, and a steering rack clamp/brace is another good handling mod. based on what you learn from your searching you can go from there as far as intake/exhaust/engine/etc mods that you want to go to after that.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
the cheapest power gainers are an MBC $25 from mpperformance, and the 3 inch intake mod. as for handling, the sway bar is step one
src + brace is step two.

asd NCViggen suggested, search for these items. there is a FAQ in the workshop that should help to answer more questions.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
bushings / shocks. & (fix the shake?)

depending on how 'used' your car is:

in the past two weeks i've: replaced rear shocks with bilstein sports & just (this morning) replaced my outter control arm bushings w/ polys (yes, they were dying...).

The difference in those two things is *astounding*, but that may be because my car was not running like it was meant to.

Speaking of which, You know how those control arm bushings are hydrolic bushings? Yah, well, my right front bushing had *no* oil come out when I pressed it out. At all. Bone dry.

The drivers side was still oily.

+ side. I had that shake that everyone was complaining about (including myself, duh) and these two things took care of 90% of it.

One happy camper,
bny

1 - 4 of 4 Posts