SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
As with all NA cars best bang for the buck is had with a set of good headers and exhaust to follow. (eg. See savenging is a plus.) I do not know anyone who makes headers for these cars. However, a custom shop should be able to whip some up for ya. An intake will help but not much. Then cut unsprung weight. (eg. See lighter wheel/tire combo.)

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
I have one here that we beat on, use as a loaner occasionaly autocross and use as a truck.. :)

Here is some dynos of various mods. You can see there is nice gains. Certainly not huge like on the turbos but enough you can certainly feel. The header project is not done. I have a few other ideas and will have to validate them on the dyno before moving ahead.
http://genuinesaab.com/gallery/23i

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Actually that picture is with it still on the dyno in the interest of getting good back to back runs we left off the heat shield so we could make runs at close to the same gearbox, coolant, oil and ambient conditions.

We did do some testing in the sumer with logging of intake temps and it really didn't make much difference running a filter like this vs stock box.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts