SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm starting to look early as I know these are rare. In a few months I will be free of my business leased car ( worst thing I ever did ) and will be lookingNat buying the Saab I've always wanted.

I'm on the lookout for a very late Viggen. I would prefer 2001+ but haven't seen anything later than a 2000 in the UK ( did we ever get anything later?)

Would consider 2/3/5 door and any of the original colours. Mileage below 75k if possible or good service history if higher. I'd prefer if it wasn't tampered with too much ie Viggen rescue kit is good, modified in every way possible not so good.

I was thinkng of an Aero HOT but decided just to go for the one I really want.

I know I'm being quite picky for such a rare car but I really want a good example. I actually spotted one I loved but it's sold. It had full black seats piped yellow leather instead of the usual 2 tone black+y/o/b but I think it was a one off and probably not stock.

I know they can be a handful so one with traction control (so the missus can handle it) would be perfect but I believe these are even more rare.

Anyone currently selling or even thinking about selling later in the year, please let me know. I'm willing to wait for the right car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Saab 9-3 Viggen 5-door in Lightning Blue? Is it real, or is it just a myth?

The Viggen's first came out in 1999 and stopped production in 2002 The only years they had lightning blue Viggen's were 1999 and 2000. You can only get the lightning blue 5 door in a 2000, they also made convertibles that year. After that any other year is either gonna be red, black, silver, monte carlo yellow, laser red, silver, and steel gray. Viggen's are a rare car all around but the lightning blue is especially rare due to it being made only 2 years.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sawan, it seems I'm not getting emailed when anyone replies to my threads (or maybe it's going into my spambox)

I've had a fair bit of time to think about it now and do some research.

It seems like there were no Viggens shipped to the UK after 2001 (unlike in the US) so the only chances of getting a 51/02 plate are down to the odd one that may have been sitting in a showroom (feel free to jump in and correct me on this anyone)

It's funny that Lightning Blue ones are so rare in the US, it seems to be that most of the ones I find in the UK are blue.

Anyway, here's my preferred list:

2000 W/X reg (Newer if possible)
2D Vert first choice, 3/5D Second Choice
Yellow/Red (I haven't seen a red one in UK yet) first choice, Blue Second, All other colours third

So again, anyone out there looking to part with their Viggen, let me know.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've Just spotted this one on Auto-trader. It looks ideal but I think it's slightly over-priced. Anyone got a Glass's Guide to hand?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts