SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've been out of CPO Warranty for just over 8 months. I've been intermittantly getting the Onstar Malfunction message on the SID. I dropped a note to my Old Service Department and mentioned I had requested the disable back under warranty but it was never done. This morning I got a call, Saab USA approved the fix.... and, an overlooked backordered Rear Door Vapor Barrier will be installed.... and a car for the day!

As I have in the past, I highly recommend there Sales and Service Department.

http://www.reinertsenmotors.com/

·
Registered
6,596 Posts
That's nice to hear :D.

My local dealer is also very helpful - Banner Saab in SK, RI.

Should we convert this into a good dealer thread?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts

I was thinking the same thing? Can we have a Dealer Sticky of Good and Bad Dealers?

That would be Great :)

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

LOL, I tried to start a Good Dealer thread several months ago, but a lot of guys just started posting on how bad their "Stealers" were. But lets give it another try.

·
Registered
283 Posts
LOL, I tried to start a Good Dealer thread several months ago, but a lot of guys just started posting on how bad their "Stealers" were. But lets give it another try.
Same thing with me: I started the "Dealer appreciation thread", but most of the posts ended up being people bashing their dealers.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Shaw Saab of Norwell, MA has always been awesome. Great dealership for sure.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
We could do a Rating system (1 being good and 10 being bad)

Dealer:
Car Serviced:
Cost Value Scale (1-10):
Quality Value Scale (1-10):
Time Frame Serviced:

Comments (No Bashing Just list experiences in a tactful manner)

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would be concerned about owning a website that contained a not arbitrated ranking of commercial interests.

Can you say lawsuit?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I will have a service review of Saab Downers Grove soon. So far I have had nothing bad to say, but I am taking the car in wednesday to see what they will do about selling it to me without the front Aero lip. On one hand it is really my fault that I did not catch this, but on the other I did buy it as an Aero. I now know that these lips get damaged rather easy and it is not uncommon for an Aero to have a non Aero lip. We will see what they do.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Well, I've been out of CPO Warranty for just over 8 months. I've been intermittantly getting the Onstar Malfunction message on the SID.
this is driving me insane. how do i fix that? every time i start the car i get "onstar service malfunction, contact dealer for service". The dealer went "i don't know, never heard of that before"

·
Banned
2,175 Posts
I've had good experiences with Leo at Nordic Motorwerks in Louisville, but that was years ago.

·
Registered
12,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I use the dealer too few times to have an accurate assessment.

Dealer 1: went 3 times, satisfactory, no longer Saab
Dealer 2: went twice for one problem (part had to be ordered, satisfactory)
Dealer 3: took hours to do a Tech II set up while I was waiting:evil:, no longer Saab
Dealer 4: seemed good:), haven't been there in 20 years, no longer Saab
Dealer 5: went once for the 1,000 mile service many years ago
Dealer 6: went once many years ago, not too good
Indie 1: very nice, can watch while he worked
Indie 2: seems ok, can sort of watch while they work
Indie 3: same as 2
Indie 4: same as 2, now retired
A Sensless Post ... no one has any idea what dealer(s) you are talking about, and places that no longer exist or are no longer saab dealers.... why even Post?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sports Car Centre - Syracuse, NY
New Salem SAAB - Albany, NY

Both VERY good dealers. I have had work done at both places on my 9-5 and 9-3.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Cochran Saab - Monroeville PA
2006 9-3 Aero
Cost Unknow
Value: 5
<1 Day

Still fighting an issue with my rear defroster which they claim it's working properly. Also having a hard time getting front suspension looked at for loud clunks. Service was always prompt, they kept me updated via phone and the car was washed when picked up. Can't complain there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts