SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2000 Viggen.... need me some front struts!
Any recommendations for brands/places to buy?
I'm looking at moderately priced... not ultra performance and adjustable doesn't mean much to me.....lol

lmk

Ryan

·
Registered
556 Posts
2000 Viggen.... need me some front struts!
Any recommendations for brands/places to buy?
I'm looking at moderately priced... not ultra performance and adjustable doesn't mean much to me.....lol

lmk

Ryan
You sound a bit like me, I'm going with KYB GR2, can be had from ebay for the best deal right now.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
I'd try to at least get up to the Boge/Sachs level of performance. I don't think KYB is a good idea in general since they don't even meet OEM levels of damping. They would definitely not be a good idea in a Viggen with its stiffer springs. You'll be bouncing all over the place and replacing them in a year.

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
There was a guy with a set of Viggen springs listed in the classifieds a couple weeks ago. Don't know if they are still there.

·
Registered
556 Posts
After doing a bit of research I'm now looking at going with the Bilsteins. Will the HD's do ok with lowering springs like the sports?

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Viggen

I replaced mine with OEM stock struts. I would highly suggest also replacing the springs. Be sure to purchase new upper bearings and you might want to replace the boots on the lower ball joints as they will tear when you disassemble the struts, they can be purchase from EEurosport.

I took my struts to a Midas shop and paid $45.00 each for them to compress the spring and insert the new struts.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yeah, I plan on going with the Vogtlands, that's my reason for the better shocks.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
koni/ vogtland combo is very nice. you know you want to.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Yeah, I gotta get mine down a bit (and handle better) to complete the look I'm after.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts