SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I have a 2006 SAAB 9-3 2.0T BSR Stage One and have found a wrecked 2004 9-3 in a local wreckers and I am going to get the grill so I can mess make my own costume girll like the one see at stateofnine. Are there any other parts I should be trying to pick up? I am going to check out the rims for a set of winter rubbers....but anything else?

Thanks for your responses, I eagerly await!

Drew

·
Super Moderator
20,367 Posts
Window regulators.

·
Banned
2,175 Posts
Everything has value. The license plate screws costs 70 cents retail. Door mirrors, cigarette lighter or the cap, key hole cover (hey, I want that), wheel bolts, wheels, alternator, knobs if the rubber is in good condition, fuel door locking mechanism, fuses, jack, doors (may not fit in your car), tail lens or front lenses (they are expensive if you get into a wreck), etc.

Years ago, I tried my SAAB key into another SAAB on a whim and it opened it up! :eek: I locked it immediately and never tried again even though I saw the car nearly everyday. I could have driven it away though I'm not that type of person.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Take the whole car home and dissect it as and when u need it or sell it off as parts......on e-bay? It is already a shame one sent a Saab to the wreckers.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Dave 37 said:
Everything has value. The license plate screws costs 70 cents retail. Door mirrors, cigarette lighter or the cap, key hole cover (hey, I want that), wheel bolts, wheels, alternator, knobs if the rubber is in good condition, fuel door locking mechanism, fuses, jack, doors (may not fit in your car), tail lens or front lenses (they are expensive if you get into a wreck), etc.

Years ago, I tried my SAAB key into another SAAB on a whim and it opened it up! :eek: I locked it immediately and never tried again even though I saw the car nearly everyday. I could have driven it away though I'm not that type of person.
Yes the old 900's did this. You could put your key into almost any (worn) ignition and it would switch it. When I was working as a Saab mechanic (years ago) we used one key for most of the 900's!!!!!

·
Registered
6,410 Posts
Is this a U-pull-it type yard? Depending on their prices, I would pull many of the electronic modules. You may also want to pop things like door handle covers and other parts that have been prone to peeling.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Dang it, I've got heated seats... :lol:

I wonder if you could swap just the buttons? ;) <thinking...>

Edit:
Drew, how long until you go to the wreckers? If the one there meets the standard (ACC, heated seats option, no peeling buttons) my offer stands.

Otherwise, TaiMyShu, we need to talk :cheesy:

·
Registered
297 Posts
I want the door handles!! any interior components w/ aluminum accents (Shifter console, steering wheel controls...) the Amp 1 under the drivers seat! And the P/S pump.

I'm sure if you had your way with this car, that everyone on the forum would buy the stuff you were willing to sell. Just an idea!

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I live in a condo, otherwise I would get much more, put storage is a huge issue. There could be a big market for this sort of thing. By my post I meant, what should I retreive for myself, not all of my SAAB buddies.... I would if I had the space!

Drew

·
Super Moderator
20,367 Posts
I was under the impression he wanted to know what he should pick up for himself. If you want something for yourself use PM please. Danke.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts