SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to replace a fender anyway, but I figured while I'm there, since everything is so cheap, might as well get some extra stuff.
So, any suggestions? And not just aesthetic, but maybe some lower level performance parts, even from other cars if they're compatible.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
from a saab:
TB
DIC <---try to talk them down as much as you can (i mean lowball the hell out of them)
MAF
BPC <--- T5 and T7 are good to get (sell the t5 ones since they always go bad)
SID <---they all begin to loose pixels eventually so lowball as well
Hood struts (the extra sets you get you can sell)
Hatch struts (you can help out the 3dr and 5dr guys)
Shift knobs (5spd) if in good shape

as for compatible from other cars... hmmmm cant say i can think of any off the top of my mind
unless you find an Acura Integra with a front bumper lip (think Integra TypeR lip)
you could retro fit that on your front bumper pretty easy, and it looks pretty good

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Check if it has a larger down pipe (the cat will be off it) the DIC, grab the BOV and BPV if it's a turbo. Grab the turbo if it's any good. Grab the FPR if it's an NA car. Look for signs that it's been upgraded like a hole in the floor under the rear seat above the fuel pump, better injectors, check for a 3" exhaust, ECM might be upgraded (still need to put you info in it). Grab the hood and trunk emblems (carefully) if any good. Grab the power mirror switch. The shift knob if any good. That's a start ;ol;

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
from a saab:
TB
DIC <---try to talk them down as much as you can (i mean lowball the hell out of them)
MAF
BPC <--- T5 and T7 are good to get (sell the t5 ones since they always go bad)
SID <---they all begin to loose pixels eventually so lowball as well
Hood struts (the extra sets you get you can sell)
Hatch struts (you can help out the 3dr and 5dr guys)
Shift knobs (5spd) if in good shape
You can't "low ball" Pull-A-Part. Their prices are in stone and corporate like. A DIC is only $15 from them anyways. Google them and check their Price List. Best prices around, just YOU have to remove everything.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Wrong. Anytime I'm buying more than 2 things I throw another price at them and they take it, even if it's just $5 or $10 less.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Wrong. Anytime I'm buying more than 2 things I throw another price at them and they take it, even if it's just $5 or $10 less.
I have you blocked for a reason, but decided to see if you were starting up again so I looked. I didn't realize they had Pull-A-Parts in UTAH

http://www.pullapart.com/locations.aspx

The ones here in Ohio (4 of them near me) won't lower their prices. They punch up the price, you pay it. You can take a BOV and say it's an air valve or something and save a couple bucks, but please don't lie.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I have you blocked for a reason, but decided to see if you were starting up again so I looked. I didn't realize they had Pull-A-Parts in UTAH

http://www.pullapart.com/locations.aspx

The ones here in Ohio (4 of them near me) won't lower their prices. They punch up the price, you pay it. You can take a BOV and say it's an air valve or something and save a couple bucks, but please don't lie.
Sweet of you to check on me, pumpkin <3

There's a lot of things you don't realize. One of them being that they aren't any different from any other salvage yard. Another, that you need more than a T25 to make a car faster.

Also, didn't know Saabs came with blow off valves o_O

·
Registered
240 Posts
Sweet of you to check on me, pumpkin <3

There's a lot of things you don't realize. One of them being that they aren't any different from any other salvage yard. Another, that you need more than a T25 to make a car faster.

Also, didn't know Saabs came with blow off valves o_O
wow, nagging much? kill the drama

1 - 10 of 10 Posts