SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased my 2003 saab 9-5 and wanted to know what are some things i can do to my new car to make it look and sound more flashy. I know sounds stupid but i am taking things one step at a time.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Why not make sure it will last longer. Make sure your car has had the upgrades and does not have a sludge problem. Has the pan been dropped and the proper vent pipes installed?

First things first. Even Wiki flags these engines as major trouble spots in the 2000 to 2003 9-5.

You may end up with a nice place to listen to the radio out in the drive with a blown motor. Buy a vroooooom-vrooooom cassette to plug in the tape.

Kidding but you may be driving a time bomb.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Rims for a Volvo will fit with wobble bolts and many rims for GM sedans will fit without any fuss at all.

If all you want from an exhaust is sound, replace your resonator with a straight pipe and put in a freer flowing muffler with a nice looking tip.

Lowering suspension will also reduce wheel gap and improve looks.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
Why rims from a Volvo and use wobble bolts? There are plenty of used Saab rims around on Craigs and sites like this.

Volvo rims (IMHO), except for the "R" Pegasus which is nicely stamped on there are good looking but do you want to have a Saab that screams Volvo.

They also ask a lot more money for Volvo rims. Not to mention the center bore is different too. So you are dealing with bolts and center rings for no real gain.

I have boths cars and watch that market.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I thought Volvo's bore was 65.1mm. I like the look of many of the Volvo rims, especially the Pegasus and the Tethys. I was simply suggesting something that I didn't realize was an option until quite a while after I had joined the SAAB community.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
No, they are totally different. I had a sweet deal on a set of Pegs that were mint 18" and would have rubbed on my Volvo but sadly would not have fit the 08 9-3.

·
Registered
7,637 Posts
;oops: Stand corrected so sorry, the bore are both 65.1 Lug patterns are 5-110 for Saab but 5-108 for Volvo.

But still with the number of Saab wheels on the market adapters and wobbles and stuff?

Aside from the Peg and "R" Saab does have a better selection. The Volans and stuff are all kind of weird.

The wheel of choice for my XC would be the 7 spoke Saab BBS and there are tons of those at a nice price.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Much appreciated guys, i had the guys i work with at my dealership work on my engine and what not but i will ask them specifically about the parts you have mentioned. i recently tinted my window to 20% changed all my interior and sill lights to a crystal white and my head lights to a nice Hid kit. My saab is the off white one so i am a little iffy about painting my trim to match the car because i dont know the specific code of my color. And my friend recently mentioned plastic dipping my rims to a gloss black or white because i am a huge fan of my pre-existing saab rims. Opinions?

·
Registered
91 Posts
rear spoiler
double exhaust
MY04 or Hirsch bumper
Hirsch grill
18" alloy's
Porsche brakes

Or go even further and shave all trims and add 2 bazooka's. And the side lights mod is pretty cool too!

Enough to do!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
wtf is with the 04 aero bumper, plus the earlier style aero lip? that looks absolutely ridiculous...

·
Banned
2,243 Posts
rear spoiler
double exhaust
MY04 or Hirsch bumper
Hirsch grill
18" alloy's
Porsche brakes

Or go even further and shave all trims and add 2 bazooka's. And the side lights mod is pretty cool too!

Enough to do!
omg you took my idea i wanted to do before me :O what rear defuser did you use? and where did you get it?

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
I'm sure in Europe Porsche brakes are available in every corner drugstore. But in 'merica Chevy cobalt brembos are much easier to come by and bolt right up.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just got a new set of rims off a buy im gonna plastic dip and gloss them and add the saab logo and post up some pictures let me know what you think. And how does everyone feel about a vinyl black roof on my white saab?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
About this Discussion
28 Replies
11 Participants
lodymijo
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing