SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, im going to try to make this nice short and pleasent to read...

My friend put a coke in the "cup holder" It spilt over the ignition and I have to wiggle and WIGGLE to get it to go into the acc/on mode. Then in "colder" weather it tends to not hold on the on position... I have to hold it there manualy for a couple seconds tugging upwards on the key. Any fixes?

Secondly, I noticed that the back window defrosters arnt working...

BTW this is a 1996 900SE turbo With 150k+ miles

·
Registered
803 Posts
messyroadkil said:
Ok, im going to try to make this nice short and pleasent to read...

My friend put a coke in the "cup holder" It spilt over the ignition and I have to wiggle and WIGGLE to get it to go into the acc/on mode. Then in "colder" weather it tends to not hold on the on position... I have to hold it there manualy for a couple seconds tugging upwards on the key. Any fixes?

Secondly, I noticed that the back window defrosters arnt working...

BTW this is a 1996 900SE turbo With 150k+ miles
First, punch your friend in the gut for not keeping an eye on his drink. :nono;:p:cheesy: Next, you might want to try some spray type electric cleaner. Not sure if this will work but it's what I would do.

·
Registered
21,583 Posts
Hot water will dissolve the Coke sugar.

Have the friend place a drop or super heated water on the heated key and insert/wiggle - do this 50 times, or as many times as necessary.. wiping the key every time; every third time use a drop of lock oil...
There must be an easier way...

The sugar drink must have been splattered all over the place, some ,if not most, of the switches can be cleaned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts