SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can any one advise as to what upgrades can be fitted to 1991 model ?,as maptum and i think bsr start from 1994 onwards,ta bobbyd;)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
KevinC said:
MBC will give you some more go, also try Jack Stol in USA, he can do things for this model.
hi,kev, dont know whit ye mean by MBC ?, and how do you get hold of jack ?,ta bobbyd;)

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Do a search for \manual boost control'

Jak Stol in USA is a good guy to find for you, he is on performance on that USa site TSN.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KevinC said:
Do a search for \manual boost control'

Jak Stol in USA is a good guy to find for you, he is on performance on that USa site TSN.
cheers kev,;)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
fun wan oan elparts fur 35 quid, dont fancy the manual op side of things, any other ideas for power at the pedal,? ta ;)

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Buy a mbc valve from PFS, get a 3" JT exhaust, Aquamist water injection kit, modify your air filter housing and turn the boost up to 1.4 bar. I'm not sure if a Carlsson red box apc and ecu will work on your car...do you have TCS/ABS? However those mods will alone will give you a healthy 260hp with loads of more torque and will be well within its safe zone.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Over here in the states Swedish Dynamics makes fuel and DI/APC chips that raise boost to around 20psi for a claimed 250hp and around 300 lb/ft of torque. I believe Group 9 makes some based off the ones they had back when they were called Group 6, but I heard that it is set up to run less boost than the Swedish Dynamics chips. Also as far as I know SQR still makes a chip for the pre-Trionic cars. I think Jak Stoll has them although I have heard somewhere that he no longer sells the SQR ones so you may want to get ahold of him if interested. Also Jak Stoll himself can reprogram your chips but you need to send him a list of mods and a datalog of A/F ratio and AMM voltage over the rpm range. I have a '92 with TCS and once I replace the headgasket on my car I will be going with the Swedish Dynamics chips unless I can get some dyno time and get the info needed for Jak Stoll to reprogram my chips. But other than chips I will basically be doing what Marrk has recommended minus the MBC, and I will be making my own 3" exhaust as soon as the wife lets me get that welder I have been eyeing.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Marrk said:
Buy a mbc valve from PFS, get a 3" JT exhaust, Aquamist water injection kit, modify your air filter housing and turn the boost up to 1.4 bar. I'm not sure if a Carlsson red box apc and ecu will work on your car...do you have TCS/ABS? However those mods will alone will give you a healthy 260hp with loads of more torque and will be well within its safe zone.
hi Marrk, dont fancy the mbc carry on. im getting an S/S exhaust made with no cat,the cars got TCS/ABS.what you do mean with carlsson red box apc / ecu part of your reply ?;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts