SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I find this news a nasty joke from GM to Saab.......it has a strange meaning?? why they put this news in the media.saab.com?? I find it a very bad sign, like not well educated...

we must feel happy that GM/Opel increased the quality and customer satisfaction, when during years Opel had one of the worst customer satisfaction levels?? yes, could be....

and what happen to Saab??? the last 2-3 years the customer satisfaction and some reliablity studies, as the JDpowers, TUV and others showed that Saab decreased/plumbed his level of reliablity and customer satisfaction at levels under the the Industry Average, when always demonstrated high levels of that and some times win in JDpower over the Lexus and was always in the Top Ten and Top five with the japanese....

that means that we must be pleased and agree because Opel recover his levels of quality, productivity, customer satisfaction and that will mean that Saab will also increase his levels because the 9-3 and 9-5 will be produced in Russelheim??

yes....good news for GM could be good news for Saab, but this news in the Saab site for me, it has this second meaning and I don't have any interest to read that in the Saab website if Saab not appear in the news, what happens to Trollhattan?? why don't you say what is happening with the Saab customer satisfaction??

http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayServlet?target=http://image.emerald.gm.com/gmnews/viewpressreldetail.do?domain=472&docid=16407

for me....it could be a good news, it seems that they will try to make a standarazied program to all GME brands to improve the quality and at Opel it was the test and first step, now it seems that will come Saab, but..... it will be?? Saab have the same requirements and the same needs?? and what worked in Opel will work in Saab??

i think that this news in the Saab.media site it not will be, it only speeks about Opel, and the Trollhattan plant?? before the decision, trollhattan demonstrated in productivity, quality and other capabilities that it is better than Russelheim, some german mags make a comparison and only the better geographical situation of Russelheim make it a better place for the logistics.

here you have some documents of the GM quality strategy....

http://media.gm.com/eur/gm/en/gme_events/index.html

greetings

·
Registered
815 Posts
Edu, I've just posted at Trollhattan on the same subject.

Imagine having a press release in the Saab section of GM media that mentions the Saab name not once, not twice, not ten times but an absolutely staggering.......zero times.

It's all about quality control. Specifically, the improving quality impressions given by the recent JD Power surveys and improving quality procedures at plants like Russelsheim, where Saabs will be built in a few years time.
The only reason I can think of that GM slotted this release into the Saab section of GM media is that it's the first concrete piece associating Saab with the German plant. A bitter pill, for sure.

I've reproduced the release on the blog as well. Feel free to drop in and read, then return and comment

·
Premium Member
31,228 Posts
FWIW, the GM's message to Trollhaettan plant is: "Shape up, or ship out !" I think some competition for survival strengthens the species.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts