SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 9-5 2.3t and my 36 month anniversary is comming up at the end of next month which is the last month i'll be able to buy the GM Protection Plan extended warrenty.
I'd like to get some views on wether or not it is worth purchasing.
But I do have to comment the program offerings are a bit stupid w/ overlapping coverage.
For ex: A 4 year / 48,000 mi plan starts the day you purchase the warrenty and since you have to buy it by the 36th month and we have a 48 month manufac. warrenty, I am paying for 4 years but in reality only getting 3 extra years of coverage...:confused: And this plan costs $2060.00 usd
Is this plan worth the money or should I take my chances w/o one?
Does anyone have the average repair bill forcasts for my model/year from 48-84 months?
Are there any particular trouble spots I should be concerned about (not including the sludge thing w/ free extended protection)?
Thanks,
:D Craig

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
If everything is covered for three years for just $2000 I'd buy it, even a DI cassette wuill cost you nearly $400 :eek:

·
Registered
276 Posts
I say it depends on the miles on the car & how much you drive but with the way my luck has been here lately, I'd say it's worth the 2K for piece of mind!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car currently has 28,000 miles and is 35 months old...I'd say I drive pretty close to 10,000miles per year, but will be increasing to about 12,000 mpy.

Also, what is a DI cassette???

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
9-5 Driver said:
Also, what is a DI cassette???
the DI or Direct Ignition Cassette is the part that fits directly over the spark plugs in the centre of our engines, the 4 cyl cars have one and the V6 has two. Its the part that replaces the plug leads, coil and condenser on other cars. It should be regarded as a service item lasting anywhere from 50 -125,000 miles depending on the correct spark plugs being used ;)

You can see it here under the words, "SAAB" and "ECOPOWER"

·
Registered
313 Posts
Chris,

Where can you find one of those trick oil covers? I like he looks of that!

Thanks,

Rob

·
Registered
22,211 Posts
You dont buy it :nono;

You make it :p

Easy peasey!
  1. Smooth the top of the cap off with a dremmel or sand paper
  2. Paint the top of the cap in silver
  3. Get a bonnet (hood) badge & remove the lugs on the back
  4. Use a good epoxy glue to stick it on
  5. Jobs a goodun ;)
Dont forget, it gets damned hot, being metal an all :cheesy:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So no one else has one of these plans? Can share any experience w/ it?

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts