SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The not-so-much Cliff Notes version of my story:

The passenger side front spring on my wife's 2006 9-3SC was diagnosed as broken by the local Chevy-Cadillac-Saab Dealer in late December. Car had 45K miles and I had the Special Warranty letter from GM/Saab covering this item.

The Dealer did not have any replacement springs in stock, the Allentown Warehouse was shut due to bankruptcy, and the Dealer was unable to locate springs at any other Dealership - at least at a cost they felt was justified. The Saab/GM Zone Service Manager authorized a rental for as long as it would take for new Saab springs to be available, they estimated 6 to 8 weeks. I said Nuts to that.

I ordered Lesjofors springs from PFS which arrived 10 days later and had the local Dealer install them in early January. The PFS website identifies Lesjofors as the OE spring supplier to Saab. I paid out of my pocket for the parts and labor to get the car road worthy again.

All warranty claim papers were to have been filed with GM in January. I called the GM/SAAB Warranty Claims Office in mid-March and learned they had no record of my claim. I went back to the Dealer in mid-April to file the claim for a second time.

Today I received a check for the full amount, parts and labor, from GM. Hooray!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Thats awesome! Would be great to hear about this happening everywhere.

·
Registered
6 Posts
what letter????

hey rodger im from ann arbor/chelsea area orig but live in va beach, va now. i have a 2006 9.3 areo conv. and am wondering what special letter this is that you have from GM about the warranty extention on certain things?????
catherine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts