SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am having some trouble taking out the glovebox to get to the relays...

i have unscrewed the 6 or so screws around the edge, however when i pull it forward it seems stuck on the left side around the vent. the light and light switch aren't the problem....

i unscrewed one of the pair of screws on the inside left, big mistake, i just heard something drop off behind.....so i really don't want to move the car until i can take out the box and see what has happened....needless to say the glovebox door is now hanging off on the left side.....and i need to use it tonight!!

anyone got any ideas how to pull out the box, why its sticking on the left (vent side) - i thought it would be simple but i don't want to carry on in case i break something i can't see or force anything.....??

its a RHD 95 CSE.....if you can help at all i'd be really grateful.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
From memory, the glovebox fascia includes the vent so you just need to pull harder to pull the vent off the pipe at the back.

I'm guessing that the bit you heard fall was a spring clip type nut thing (can't remember the proper name of them). Either that or you've undone the wrong nut and taken part of the hinge apart.

David.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks David, you were right again. i found all the clips, switched the relays and managed to finish the job in a very un-ikea like fashion and was left with zero bits at the end. thanks for your help!

one thing to note, i noticed that out of the six or so relays in there, only one had saab written on it.....there were bosch, hella, vw in there. might be worth those of you needing new relays to check your old ones before taking them into the dealership if you can - looking at the history of the car the previous owner was charged saab prices for what turned out to be oem parts.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts