SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my car in the shop last week for some warranty work and one of the things I requested to be fixed was the non-working glove box light. It turned out it was a burned-out something-or-the-other, but at least it works now. But, the light stays on all the time now, day or night and with or without the headlights on. Though I am taking it back in tomorrow to be fixed, I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if can be easily corrected.

In a related note, shouldn't the floorboards have a light in the footwell somewheres?

Thanks!

·
Registered
66 Posts
The other day I was looking through the posts and seen someone else had there light staying on also on a newer (if not new) 93. I was a little surprised when they said the dealer just removed the bulb and said there you go its fixed! :roll: I wouldn't be happy... If I were you I'd search the boards and see if anyone has detailed instructions made up to get to the switch that operates this light and fix the problem...

Sorry I really am not any help, just a comment..

·
Registered
164 Posts
IMHO, the Glove Box light is a poor design. Maybe it has improved since '04, but our's is 'cheap', and relies on a simple switch. As for the floor lighting, this is not a 'feature' of the Linear. Other models also have lights under the door when open.

Search the forum, maybe some have added these lights.

Bryan

·
Registered
91 Posts
BKNJ said:
IMHO, the Glove Box light is a poor design. Maybe it has improved since '04, but our's is 'cheap', and relies on a simple switch. As for the floor lighting, this is not a 'feature' of the Linear. Other models also have lights under the door when open.

Search the forum, maybe some have added these lights.

Bryan
My 2007 2.0T SS has lights under the door when opened, plus they also illuminate into the cabin if one door is opened and the other is still closed. It's a pretty cool effect.

·
Registered
128 Posts
tozion said:
My 2007 2.0T SS has lights under the door when opened, plus they also illuminate into the cabin if one door is opened and the other is still closed. It's a pretty cool effect.
I agree. This is a really nice feature on my 07 2.0T SC. I also like that the front dome light pops on when the key is taken out. At night, it sort of reminds me of the end of a movie when I arrive home. Well done aesthetics, SAAB!

·
Registered
230 Posts
It is quite obvious that your glove box light never worked properly and that is pobably why it burned out, it never went off. Things of this nature annoy me. I hope you get it rectified.

Yes, the ****pit lighting is sweet in the 07 9.3 models, yet no light under the hood, surprising when you think of a safety minded car manufacturer.

Here is something I read in the manual that I use now and again in those dark places, as you go to exit the vehicle, open the drivers door, pull the key out and flick the high beam switch towards you. The whole car lights up for thirty or so seconds, and gives you time to see when in a dark location.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
tozion said:
Interesting, the puddle lights were fitted to 2003 models but later deleted due to cost cutting. Looks like they're back for 2007...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts