SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Not surprised there's no bidders...$120 starting bid for 2 lense. I've seen complete headlight units for £40-50.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Why are "E-CODE" lenses supposidly "Almost impossible to find in the United States"?

My 2002 Aero has them as do most newer Saabs I've seen on this side of the pond.

What would be the advantage other than slightly better clarity with age?

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
opjose said:
Why are "E-CODE" lenses supposidly "Almost impossible to find in the United States"?

My 2002 Aero has them as do most newer Saabs I've seen on this side of the pond.

What would be the advantage other than slightly better clarity with age?
Note the auction says they are pre-2002.

Kermit said:
Not surprised there's no bidders...$120 starting bid for 2 lense. I've seen complete headlight units for £40-50.
I don't think these have the pattern on the lens like the pre-2002's, so these probably reduce glare.

·
Registered
307 Posts
timmehhhhhh said:
I remember seeing someone looking for these...well I stumbled across these on ebay and assumed that someone would want these..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SAAB-9-5-European-E-Code-Headlight-Lens-Lenses-Pair_W0QQitemZ7992891205QQcategoryZ38661QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
I am intrested in getting these lens. Does any one know if I can get it cheaper then what this guy is offereing?

I searched all over and it seems he is the cheapest if you win the bid at $120.
If not, I think I will order them.

·
Registered
341 Posts
The light pattern for US cars is generally rounded and VERY diffused. E-code lights have that 'check mark' look and are very defined.
I'd consider getting these if they were cheaper... light output is very important to me.
I have european Hella Black DE projectors for my e30 and the light output rivals that of HIDs.
I'd love to get projectors for this car...

·
Registered
11,030 Posts
Is this why we get a lot of complaints from US owners about headlight efficiency? Do you have headlight lense' that absorb more of the bulbs output, hence poorer lighting power? My old 9000 lamps were average at best, but i've found the 9-5's lighting great as standard, and fantastic with Osram Silverstars installed. :roll:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Kermit said:
Is this why we get a lot of complaints from US owners about headlight efficiency? Do you have headlight lense' that absorb more of the bulbs output, hence poorer lighting power? My old 9000 lamps were average at best, but i've found the 9-5's lighting great as standard, and fantastic with Osram Silverstars installed. :roll:
The lenses diffuse light and don't have a sharp cutoff.
Our Department of Transportation doesn't believe in SAFE lighting... that's why they are trying to outlaw HIDs... They've always been like this. Americans have no tolerance of bright lights from behind them, they are easily distracted...

Even with the highbeams on in my 9-5, it doesnt have nearly the output as my e30 with european headlamps and Osram Silverstars.

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey this is off topic but timmeehhh i think i raced you one day down colima around midnight i had the 9-3SS and you told me about this site so haha i hope it's you but IM me sometimes on AIM: SUJAYAP we'll race again hopefully haha

1 - 11 of 11 Posts