SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because if I had, the wife would surely have been driving it tonight. And it would have got crunched instead of our Ford Taurus, which got crunched about two hours ago when a Dodge Dakota pickup slammed her in the rear and shoved her into the rear of the SUV in front :eek: No one hurt.

Doesn't make me happy that our kid taxi 2002 Taurus got crunched, but I would be all misty eyed if it had been a new 9-3 Arc w/ dealer tag still affixed... :cry:

Cheers...

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Bad luck that your wife had an accident - glad she is ok.

One of the reasons I bought my 93 was just that reason. Accidents happen no matter what. I want me and my family to have the best chance of survival and safety should we be involved in an accident.

Cars are easily replaced, but we are not.

Hope you get the insurance sorted out OK.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've been in my 05 Arc for nearly 4 months now. I am very impressed with the Saab. I traded in an 02 Taurus SEL that was loaded and had the 3.0L 210 hp V6 powerplant. I do like the Saab better than the Taurus; however, the Taurus is one of the better mid-sized American sedans IMO. Also, the Taurus, year after year, is rated as one of the safest, if not the safest American sedan.

·
Banned
2,175 Posts
SaabNoob said:
Because if I had, the wife would surely have been driving it tonight. And it would have got crunched instead of our Ford Taurus, ..
I don't believe in re-living the past. You may be right. On the other hand, she may have loved the SAAB so much that she would drive it a bit faster, miss the red light, and never get a chance to be rear ended by the truck.

Of course, she could have driven faster and had to stop a the next light where a semi would have smashed the car flat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts