SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, as you may know i finished with the leather in the center console, dash panel, dash top border, passenger glove box....i only have to complete with leather door pulls for the leather part...

PICS OF MY INTERIOR HERE ;)
http://www.saaberos.com/foro/perfor...lpicadero-podria-quedar-muy-bien-ideas-4.html

But to further improve the interior i have thought:

-2005 on Denso navigation system (i like it because of the clean look -I know it is outdated)

-Alu/dark wood/carbon fiber interior faceplates for the ACC, saab SID etc

- Hirsch all leather steering wheel

- Floor-door lower borders in carbon/alu/very dark wood

-All leather stock 9-5 aero seats (sorry, the hirsch ones look a little bit tuning/boy racer to me, same for the hirsch pedals)

So to make the interior more luxurious what should i get of these? Which ones of those above do you think are more worth it? etc. Which combo you think will look better?
many thanks

P.S: My seats are like these. Do you think the all leather ones will look much more luxurious in the car?

http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/50/2wejw2p.jpg

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
hmmmm how about the genuine saab shift knob? IMO it looks much better than that tennis ball sitting on top of the shift rod, the only downside is its $$

keep the pedals stock, anything else looks really cheesy and cheap. have you considered doing maybe a custom trim on the pillars? i think it would look cool if done right.

in my honest opinion i don't really like the leather trimmed dash you have now, but i think the carbon fiber looks AWESOME. I think the stock wood grain on the older models looks GREAT too.

other than that, maybe its time to move on to exterior modifcations? :cheesy:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, i don´t know :) i´ve seen the carbon fiber dash and it looked plasticky, just like my old aero dash which was basically alu imitation made by plastic :roll:
Which pillars you mean? What do you suggest?

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hmmmm how about the genuine saab shift knob? IMO it looks much better than that tennis ball sitting on top of the shift rod, the only downside is its $$
Ivan, can you post a link or pic please? I´m looking at genuinesaab and all they have seems saab stock shift knobs. P.S My car is a manual. thanks, exterior modifications have been already done ;)

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
If you don't already have the bolstered leather Aero sport seats, that's gotta be the first big change to make.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the partly leather ones. Offered in western europe for 2002-03 models.
Thanks for that link, a great custom leather job is still my preferred mod, that looks awesome! Who prefers carbon fiber over that? :lol:
But some parts can´t be covered in leather. The question in those parts is cheap plastic vs alu/carbon fiber.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Thanks. No need to call me sir. ;) Actually, if you look at the pic it is a 9-3 SE shift knob. Easy to find in a scrapyard.
yeah after looking at it again thats what i was saying to myself. Either way, if it didn't have a 130USD price tag i would surely have it!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yeah after looking at it again thats what i was saying to myself. Either way, if it didn't have a 130USD price tag i would surely have it!
You can surely find it in a scrapyard. But i honestly don´t think you get much...
Btw what do you think of the hirsch steering wheel and floor border trims?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
You can surely find it in a scrapyard. But i honestly don´t think you get much...
Btw what do you think of the hirsch steering wheel and floor border trims?
the hirsch steering wheel is COOL, although it looks a little to "busy" for the likes of most 9-5's. if you had all the hirsch accesories like the spoiler, body kit, etc. than it might be quite fitting.

how about just the aero steering wheel? it is leather rapped as well and is the same sort of style, although it's a little more discreet.

I say yes to the floor trim :cool:

·
Registered
22,211 Posts

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Since you do leather work you can remold the seat foam for a neater look. Maybe cloth inserts or something like that.

The steering wheel can be done for much cheaper and more options.
Here is the on in my viggen. I had a group buy for them back in -08 Had to add one for my ss too. These were $400-470 depending on options.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the hirsch steering wheel is COOL, although it looks a little to "busy" for the likes of most 9-5's. if you had all the hirsch accesories like the spoiler, body kit, etc. than it might be quite fitting.

how about just the aero steering wheel? it is leather rapped as well and is the same sort of style, although it's a little more discreet.

I say yes to the floor trim :cool:
I have the aero steering wheel from factory, you can see it in my interior pics. The vector trim in Europe was like the aero for 2002-03 just with less power.;)
I don´t like the exterior body kits of hirsch, I find that they make the car look like tuned....I do prefer the 2004-05 aero body kit, they are sporty, but cleaner, and also make the car look more modern. Like in Chris car.

I´m looking to make the interior more luxurious, sporty too, but not as much as to look tuned. I wonder what´s more worth the money.
What about the faceplates for the SID and ACC? Or better to just get the Denso navi?
many thanks for the opinions.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Since you do leather work you can remold the seat foam for a neater look. Maybe cloth inserts or something like that.

The steering wheel can be done for much cheaper and more options.
Here is the on in my viggen. I had a group buy for them back in -08 Had to add one for my ss too. These were $400-470 depending on options.
My seats are like these:

I actually can do most leather work, but no seams. For a seat leather job i would need to use seams i guess.
The hirsch steering wheel seems great. It would be perfect if the carbon fiber part could be done in perforated leather too.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I have the aero steering wheel from factory, you can see it in my interior pics. The vector trim in Europe was like the aero for 2002-03 just with less power.;)
I don´t like the exterior body kits of hirsch, I find that they make the car look like tuned....I do prefer the 2004-05 aero body kit, they are sporty, but cleaner, and also make the car look more modern. Like in Chris car.

I´m looking to make the interior more luxurious, sporty too, but not as much as to look tuned. I wonder what´s more worth the money.
What about the faceplates for the SID and ACC? Or better to just get the Denso navi?
many thanks for the opinions.

Can't agree with you more on the Hirsch bodykit.

If fact I had them for 3-4 months and found that they made the
car look too "tuned" for my liking plus I had to be extra extra careful
going over humps esp in car parks ramps.

Have taken it off 2 weeks ago when I got my hands on a set of the
2004 Aero kit, front, rear bumpers and the side skirts.

These look really clean and I'm not worried about car ramps anymore.

I also have the Hirsch steering wheel, they look and feel awesome.

Will get some pics up soon.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I also have the Hirsch steering wheel, they look and feel awesome.

Will get some pics up soon.
It think it matches nicely with the aero interior. Where did you get it?
Did you get the all-leather Hirsch steering wheel or the leather-carbon fiber one?
I would like the carbon fiber part to be perforated leather too, but on the other side, some carbon fiber in the steering wheel would match nicely with carbon fiber floor trim.

G

·
I wonder how difficult it would be to install the Denso navigation in a 9-5. The WIS shows there is a GPS antenna in the dash and wheel speed data from the ESP control unit but everything else seems to be contained int the head unit itself.

But you would also need the CD changer and wiring/connectors are probably totally different. And there may be Tech II programming. While I like the Denso unit (even with its shortcomings), it would make more sense to install an aftermarket nav unit. However, there is something about the simple integrated (inter)face of the factory unit. :cool:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There´s this thread here Wulf. :)
http://www.saabcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91515

Probably the most difficult part is finding the unit in a scrapyard. I tried in ebay and nothing.
An aftermarket is cheaper and probably has more functions, but doesn´t have that clean look that your factory unit has.

Btw Frank, i saw you have the wood dash panel in your car. Did you think about wood floor trim and the wood door pulls? I really liked the wood door pulls you had in your 2001 9-5.
And for the floor trim wood makes a lot of sense if you ask me.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts