SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am trying to figure out the most efficient way of getting access to the SID of my 2007 9-5 so that I can tap a wire into it from my PAC SWI-RC steering wheel controls unit for my after market radio (Pioneer NEX).

It's located behind the instrument panel.

I'm wondering how big a job that actually is.

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
You might be able to find that wire running down the steering column and tap it before it goes into the back of the dash.

But I've never been inside one of those newfangled Saabs.... Too new for my blood!

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
You need to access wires between SWB and SID, not between SID and radio.

1: Remove ignition key from ignition lock and put it in your pocket etc.
2: Remove steering column panels. You can remove steering wheel if you need more space.
3: Remove both stalks, thus you get access to connectors behind bag.
4: Locate grey and yellow connectors (they are together) in right of steering column.
5: Disconnect grey connector and connect your connector to grey connector in both ends.

You have to connect grey connector back, otherwise you do not have horn or SID functions.

Make sure that yellow connector is intact, it is for airbag.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok great, I'll try that.
Thanks for the input gentlemen!

What I'm looking for specifically for this task is the white/violet wire that goes into pin 25 of the SID. Are you saying I will find that wire going into the grey connector?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, it worked!

I intercepted the violet/white wire before it went back into the SID unit, tapped it with the white wire from my PAC SWI-RC steering wheel controls unit and everything is working great!

Thanks for your help Mimmi & Uncle Miltie! ;ol; ;ol;

1 - 6 of 6 Posts