SaabCentral Forums banner

getting to the rear coils hard? v6

200 8
to get access to the rear coil packs without removing the top intake of the engine,
I know the ECU is back there that needs to be undone, but does the (top) of the engine need
to be removed, my mechanic said it might

getting coils and plugs
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
It’s a pretty easy job once you do it once or twice. Be mindful of the vacuum hoses back there, it’s a good time to replace them with silicone if you haven’t already. eSaabparts.com sells a kit. Only other tip, would to be gentle and mindful of the ECU. I usually disconnect the battery before removing the ECU, they can be temperamental

·
Super Moderator
2,551 Posts
It’s a pretty easy job once you do it once or twice. Be mindful of the vacuum hoses back there, it’s a good time to replace them with silicone if you haven’t already. eSaabparts.com sells a kit. Only other tip, would to be gentle and mindful of the ECU. I usually disconnect the battery before removing the ECU, they can be temperamental
Good advice. Buy new upper intake manifold gaskets before you take the car apart too lol… But yeah, those vacuum hoses in the back get brittle from the heat, very easy to crack one and get yourself a vacuum leak.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is there any link for silicone lines by any chance?

a vacuum line around that area was replaced but its only one line, so new lines would be awesome

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good news, as some people clearly stated earlier, it was the coils, no more stutters
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Water Vehicle Automotive exterior
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Line Motor vehicle Gas

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Automotive fuel system

now I can rest easy, its finally done,it did cost a lot for that extra +50 hp, but thats almost a honda civic from 1992, so lol
and they go for thousands!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts