SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so on my used car i just got, i was able to get a carfaw report and warranty record for work done but am looking for the service work history done to mainly see if the timing belt was replaced at 60k cause im at 85k and the car runs smooth and great. anyone know how i can find this service record out for that belt? i know the car was taken in for every 10k service work under warranty in cali but that doesnt help me much in locating the original dealership. i also emailed saabusa and await a response from them. thanks everyone

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have heard most Saab dealers are very good about printing out a record for your car if you just go in and give them the VIN number. You might have to bring your registration just to show them it's your car.

Let us know.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
when i called i told him i had the vin and he said he couldnt get a service record, just warranty record. any other suggestions? the closest saab dealer is 3 hours from me, so its not an easy stroll down the street.

·
Registered
222 Posts
This might be an obvious, but did you get any manuals with your car that you might not have opened up yet? My owners manual booklet (in the car when I picked it up) had the salesperson who originally sold the car, plus it even had the previous owner's name and address listed in it on the inside cover. The dealer had also stamped several of the maintenance boxes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts