SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my girlfriend and I made the switch from our 90 900s to a 95 900se after the a/t went, and just decided we had to go back!
We felt so suburban driving around in the new one...it didn't suit our style at all.
Also, we've had it for a month, and all sorts of cheap plastic junk keeps breaking! The sun visor came off in my hand; the clips holding the trim on the side of the windshield all broke; the housing for the headlight switch keeps popping out!

Our new 89 turbo 900s has metal brackets holding the visors on, and no plastic trim around the windshield!
Much more our style!

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I can certainly respect your decision. I've found the classic 900's to be much less rattle free than NG's as well.

·
Registered
5,774 Posts
I third that. I would take a C over an NG in a heartbeat. SAAB will never build a car that cool ever again, GM will never alow it :(.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
valbowski1980 said:
I third that. I would take a C over an NG in a heartbeat. SAAB will never build a car that cool ever again, GM will never alow it :(.
I'd still take a 9-3 over either of them, sorry. :roll:

·
Registered
5,641 Posts
Sure the c900 may be a little better put together, but my aero is soooooo much faster. :cheesy:

Anyway, I haven't had any problems with interior bits breaking or anything like that. My over engineered engine gives me trouble on occasion though.

·
12,576 Posts
tyb507 said:
Our new 89 turbo 900s has metal brackets holding the visors on, and no plastic trim around the windshield!
And lots of metal bits flying around in a crash to dice you up too, reading stuff like that it's easy to understand how the Folksam rating is so poor for the old 900.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
but thats just it, they don't fly around in a crash, have u seen how they are bolted on!!! most sturdy car i have ever sat in, and yes i have sat in the newer 900's/9-3, and tho i like the new 9-3 to me it is no saab! plus the ng900 got that horrid v-6 as an option, timming belts issues and it is a gm engine from the ground up and they put it in what they called a "saab".

·
12,576 Posts
Mark P said:
You're not familiar with Raggy's barmstorming V6 cruise missile then? :roll:
Ahh the N/A Carly eater :cheesy: .

·
Registered
5,975 Posts
C vs NG

When it comes to crashing your kinda worse off in a ridgid shell with no air bags ar'nt you?

I know they're starting to stiffen the chassis again now but with loads of air bags to help absorb the shock to yr body...so anyway ramnle ramble, which are you better off in a C900 or NG900, (for eg with a SUV comming at your drivers side?).

·
Registered
256 Posts
woywitka said:
plus the ng900 got that horrid v-6 as an option, timming belts issues and it is a gm engine from the ground up and they put it in what they called a "saab".
I have the "horrid" option and rather like it. :cheesy:

Dan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts