SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, Key is lost and shifter is locked ( automatic ) ,,need to get car into neutral to be towed. ( rear of car is against a wall ) so not able to hook from back. Should I be able to just disconnect underneath and switch trans into neutral from there ?

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Ok, Key is lost and shifter is locked ( automatic ) ,,need to get car into neutral to be towed. ( rear of car is against a wall ) so not able to hook from back. Should I be able to just disconnect underneath and switch trans into neutral from there ?
If the front of the car is open, then why not just tow it from the front? This would get your drive wheels off the ground and the back would be free to roll.

·
Registered
18,382 Posts
disconnect cable AT SHIFTER

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
being a C900 you should be able to shift it into at least reverse. every auto C900 i have come across will go into reverse without the key in. may just be an australian thing though :cheesy:

if not, then as 900t said, disconnect cable at shifter.

and by towed you mean put onto a truck or trailer and transported yes?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
being a C900 you should be able to shift it into at least reverse. every auto C900 i have come across will go into reverse without the key in. may just be an australian thing though :cheesy:

if not, then as 900t said, disconnect cable at shifter.

and by towed you mean put onto a truck or trailer and transported yes?

Yes a roll back,,but now thinking perhaps a tow truck might just be the easier route

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
for the sake of the transmission, get a tow truck... autos do not like being towed with the drive wheels turning (i.e. being tied to the back of another car and dragged along)
it will burn the trans out quite quickly at road speeds...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts