SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Only thing that bothers me about GM's new plan is that is screws actual employees and people that normally get the discount. I mean shouldn't we be getting twice the discount now? :nono; If they take away from the rebates to do this, than it just hurts the employees that much more.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Actually I think it's more of a problem of GM marking their prices up so much and then relaying on massive rebates to sell then. Basically instead of making the trailblazer priced at 26k like most the others in it's class, GM marks it up to 30k or so then slaps 3-6k in rebates onto to make people think it's a great deal. Found out GM employees do get an added bonus during this promotion though.

·
Registered
180 Posts
sethsev7n said:
oh no im not saying that giving a discount is stupid, quite the contrary. Just from a marketing perspective the title they gave the discount doesnt seem very classy to me imho. I dont see MB running campaigns titled like that.
Actually around here MB does run print ads featuring Chrysler employee discounts. Mostly just on the C230 but ocassionally on the E and CLK's. "You pay what we pay, not a cent more"... well until we start ripping you off again in July :cheesy: Didn't realize that the GMS price on the 9-3SS Linear was $22,681 paid more than that for a Grand Prix a couple years back :cry:

·
Registered
180 Posts
brucec32 said:
Maybe it's not the case, but that strikes me as a stereotypical union member type comment. Always looking at what's in someone else's pocket. What does it hurt you if someone else pays less?
Naw I'm not UAW, god no. I don't really have a problem with GM's attempts to sell more vechiles but they always seem like short term solutions instead of getting to the root of the problem. Looked through the paper today and noticed that the "new" GMS price was actually $1-4k greater than it was the previous month on several models. (Cobalt, Malibu, Aveo went up 1k... G6/Grand Prix 2k, Buicks went up 3-4k...etc)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.