SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone...

Just wanted to share something with you guys... what i experienced with Genuinesaab.com
I'm not here to bash anyone, but i'm a bit disappointed.

Back in July, i placed an order for the bumper strip (Front) w/o parking lights, and the euro bumper skirt (front). Since i had a minor fender bender, i took the oportunity to buy the parts and simply have it replaced and repainted. I wanted something "genuine", but yet a bit different from the rest.

So when i placed the order online, it gave me the total cost, price of items, shipping costs, and i believe taxes (if i recall correctly)

So i placed the order, according to the website, it was going to take 6-8 weeks. I thought to myself, no problem!
placed the order, and waited patiently.
After well over two months... (10 weeks) , i called to get an update.
I was told it was going to take yet another 6 weeks.
I told them, no problem, i understand.

FINALLY, received the call today and was asked that the part came in and if i still wanted it.
I thought to myself, thats such a weird question to ask... i told them im still interested , please ship it.
An half hour later, i get yet another call from them, saying its going to be another 30$ more.. because UPS changed their shipping charges.

We tried to find another way to ship it, different shipping company, commercial address, NO HELP.
Shipping is now 97$ , where i was quoted 69.
Its not because of the money, but the principal behind it.
I agreed to a price, gave all my info to purchase the items. Its not my fault it took longer then expected.

Long story short, i refused the order. Dont have a lower front lip or bumper strips.
They are out of 500$ , which that was the amount of the order. All because they didnt want to ship it out for the original price. I even asked if they can throw something else in worth 30$ or close to it.

They didnt.

SORRY GENUINESAAB.COM, but u lost a customer.

what you think? did i do WRONG?
JOHN

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would think as a business, customer satifaction is worth more than $30...and especially since you were a patient/understanding customer.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would think as a business, customer satifaction is worth more than $30...and especially since you were a patient/understanding customer.
Yeah I was also thinking the same thing. That's why I didn't give in!
It's not because of the 30$ ...But the pricipal behind the agreement we had!

John

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Sorry to hear about this.

I have ordered a product from them for my '07 2.0T Prem. Pkg. (all weather floormats). This was close to two years ago. I got it within a reasonable time, and there were no hidden or additional charges. So I did have a good experience with GS/Taliaferro.

I did send Nick an email many days ago through their website with questions about an exhaust/tuning for my '08 Aero, AND NEVER HEARD BACK. Maybe they have too much business to deal with. I guess they are very hit and miss in regard to customer service. Unlike my SAAB dealer, SEWELL SAAB CADILLAC/SAAB of Dallas/Plano which over several years has always gone out of their way to make sure that I am a very happy customer, and I hope that does not change, I would like a lifetime relationship with this dealer as long as I feel that my loyalty is appreciated, and that I am getting a good deal from them along with the great service. I bought my fisrt Porsche Turbo from Sewell back in 1992, and the service I received from them was as excellent as a new car customer, that made me a fan of SEWELL. Most new luxury dealerships think of used car buyers as 2nd class customers, and therefore lose what could be excellent future new car customers. And they often make more on their second hand inventory anyway. But Sewell was excellent.

I know that shipping charges change and have been increasing, and it looks like a supply problem, but if customer satisfaction is important to a company they should stick with the originally quoted total price. It seems like you were very patient and reasonable in regard to this matter.

·
Registered
868 Posts
i had a bad experience with genuinesaab as well. at first they were helpful, but after a while they got fed up with me (even though i was always very polite) and made it sound like i was a bad person for sharing with everyone on this forum that the short shifter does not fit on 07-08 models. i didnt even want to deal with a return..i just sold the product for a loss and went for weeks without a decent shifter. debashis has a similar story.

·
Registered
394 Posts
You should contact saabusaparts.com they are in jersey too from what I remember and I'm sure they can get you whatever you want (oem)

dont go by the website they carry alot more then that! I've had nothing but good experiences with them!

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
FINALLY, received the call today and was asked that the part came in and if i still wanted it.
I thought to myself, thats such a weird question to ask... i told them im still interested , please ship it.
An half hour later, i get yet another call from them, saying its going to be another 30$ more.. because UPS changed their shipping charges.

We tried to find another way to ship it, different shipping company, commercial address, NO HELP.
Shipping is now 97$ , where i was quoted 69.
Its not because of the money, but the principal behind it.
I agreed to a price, gave all my info to purchase the items. Its not my fault it took longer then expected.
But it's also not their fault that it took longer than expected....

I've bought several thousand dollars worth of items from GS without an issue, and will likely spend thousands more, but I know that the extremely long times involved with European shipping can be a huge problem for some people. There have been multiple folks who have ordered multiple Euro items, gotten them and have been dissatisfied with them, or have complained about the fit and finish, or have expected the items to somehow magically look factory-installed right out of the box.

Your issue sounds a bit different...

Would I have paid the postage? Probably. I probably wouldn't have liked the extra, but I know that it's a small amount on top of the total, and Nick is working on slim margins.

There also might be something else to this story that we're not hearing...like the other side. We don't know the particulars of what was said, or the tone in which it was stated...on either side. After dealing with him for 5+ years, I know that Nick will cut breaks when he can, and throw in extra items at cost, or discount some items for repeat customers.

Unfortunately for you -- and, perhaps, fortunately for GS -- your experience seems to be different and certainly not the norm.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I am right around 10 weeks for an exhaust system but they have kept me informed the whole time. They even told me how the company was on vacation and thats why it took so long, I am not dissappointed with gs at all, I am dissappointed that I can't hear my exhaust yet.lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But it's also not their fault that it took longer than expected....

I've bought several thousand dollars worth of items from GS without an issue, and will likely spend thousands more, but I know that the extremely long times involved with European shipping can be a huge problem for some people. There have been multiple folks who have ordered multiple Euro items, gotten them and have been dissatisfied with them, or have complained about the fit and finish, or have expected the items to somehow magically look factory-installed right out of the box.

Your issue sounds a bit different...

Would I have paid the postage? Probably. I probably wouldn't have liked the extra, but I know that it's a small amount on top of the total, and Nick is working on slim margins.

There also might be something else to this story that we're not hearing...like the other side. We don't know the particulars of what was said, or the tone in which it was stated...on either side. After dealing with him for 5+ years, I know that Nick will cut breaks when he can, and throw in extra items at cost, or discount some items for repeat customers.

Unfortunately for you -- and, perhaps, fortunately for GS -- your experience seems to be different and certainly not the norm.

i agree with you about not being their fault, especially the travel time from europe to here. And dealing with customs...
I explained that to the person on the phone. She was very polite , and so was I.
Like i said before, its not because of the 30$ increase... im far from a rich snob... but i would piss over 30$.
I , as a customer, spending 500 or 5000, or even 50000... they could have worked with me a bit. But apparently, they didnt want the business.
This thread could have been a GOOD one, but on the other hand, its not so good.
I'm not bashing them, or saying bad things about them. I'm just venting, and explaining to other purchasers or future purchasers my experience.
Thats all...

I tried to work with them, i asked them to eat those extra charge, but they refused. it was even discussed to ship it to a commercial address for additional discounts... no good.
If they would say, listen... meet me half way, 15$... i would have said yes.

Honestly... i asked if they could throw something in to compensate 30$... do you know what the response was...
i have stickers!

Its cool with me... ill take my 500$ somewhere else.

LOL

AGAIN>>>> I"M NOT BASHING GS!
I just needed some oppinions for other people, thats all!

john:lol:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
should have taken the stickers... from what I hear they add at least 20-30hp. j/k. :cool:

I completely understand your frustrations. Having worked in retail, I can say no company that I(personally) have worked for would have turned a customer away over a petty $30 charge(save 30, lose 500:eek:). While I've never done business with GS, I can't say I blame you for being upset with the situation. Now some could say well if they sucked up the cost of 30 every time someone wasn't happy... blah blah blah. If this were something that happened all the time then something is broken in their selling system, and they need to work out a better system with their suppliers.

Either way, good luck finding the parts you need!

i agree with you about not being their fault, especially the travel time from europe to here. And dealing with customs...
I explained that to the person on the phone. She was very polite , and so was I.
Like i said before, its not because of the 30$ increase... im far from a rich snob... but i would piss over 30$.
I , as a customer, spending 500 or 5000, or even 50000... they could have worked with me a bit. But apparently, they didnt want the business.
This thread could have been a GOOD one, but on the other hand, its not so good.
I'm not bashing them, or saying bad things about them. I'm just venting, and explaining to other purchasers or future purchasers my experience.
Thats all...

I tried to work with them, i asked them to eat those extra charge, but they refused. it was even discussed to ship it to a commercial address for additional discounts... no good.
If they would say, listen... meet me half way, 15$... i would have said yes.

Honestly... i asked if they could throw something in to compensate 30$... do you know what the response was...
i have stickers!

Its cool with me... ill take my 500$ somewhere else.

LOL

AGAIN>>>> I"M NOT BASHING GS!
I just needed some oppinions for other people, thats all!

john:lol:

·
Registered
105 Posts
this is a bit different to the conversation. But I have a huge recommendation for all you Saabers in Sydney Australia...

Go to Saabtech (www.saabtech.com.au) I took my car there for an intermediate service, wheel alignment, techII mod (aux in), Rego check, windscreen washer fluid, checked timing chain and of course used Saab genuine/recommended oils and fluids. They gave me a free loan car for the day (Saab of course) helped my wife with the baby seat fitting when she picked the car up. Informed me that I need new rear brake pads in about 5000k's and my rear tyres are "noisy".

All this for $260!:) Talk to Jason when you call, and tell him I recommended you.

Cheers,
Jonathan

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
Too bad as I was hoping to bring my car there for some things, they are not too far from Dallas. I certainly would need to stay a night near there though.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Too bad as I was hoping to bring my car there for some things, they are not too far from Dallas. I certainly would need to stay a night near there though.
oh.. i dont want to discourage you in any way.
This is just one incident, they probably have tons and tons of great transactions with customers!
So definitly go there, and report back. Good or Bad!

JOHN

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
I've ordered from GS a few times without problems. Unfortunately I do agree that their shipping is way too much. Multiple times I have filled up a cart with a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff at GS and then gone to check out... only to find my shipping cost is upwards of $50!! I think I was looking to get rotors and my shipping cost was an "estimated" $75! (I consistently get charged more than the estimated value too, by a couple dollars). Unfortunately I usually end up clearing my cart and ordering the same stuff from eEuroparts where shipping is my favorite word, FREE, on ALL orders over $50. I don't mind paying an extra few $$ for parts when it's supporting a family-run business, but I can't justify it for $50+.

If GS had offered to split the difference in shipping cost with you would you have still backed out?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I've ordered from GS a few times without problems. Unfortunately I do agree that their shipping is way too much. Multiple times I have filled up a cart with a couple hundred dollars worth of stuff at GS and then gone to check out... only to find my shipping cost is upwards of $50!! I think I was looking to get rotors and my shipping cost was an "estimated" $75! (I consistently get charged more than the estimated value too, by a couple dollars). Unfortunately I usually end up clearing my cart and ordering the same stuff from eEuroparts where shipping is my favorite word, FREE, on ALL orders over $50. I don't mind paying an extra few $$ for parts when it's supporting a family-run business, but I can't justify it for $50+.

If GS had offered to split the difference in shipping cost with you would you have still backed out?

If they would have split the cost of shipping, then I would definilty have taken the order!
I didn't bring that up, nor did they!

I Was still hoping they would come to their senses, and return the call to activate the order.... But I have lost all hope!
John

·
Registered
444 Posts
I've gotta disagree...I've given Genuine Saab a lot of business over the past four years and I've found them very responsive and fair. How many places does the owner of a company help you troubleshoot over the phone? Nick is currently helping me with some defective Koni Struts. Very fair, very friendly.

In my experience, you do business with people you trust. Build relationships, and if at times a business doesn't live up to your expectation you give em a chance to earn the business. Very hard to find honest business out there. I think GenuineSaab is one of them. I'd give Nick a call

·
Registered
415 Posts
You can become disillusioned when sometimes it seems that almost everyone you try and deal with has a hidden agenda or doesn't tell you the whole truth . I would be upset at the extra charge as well , sometimes i would accept it and sometimes i wouldn't . I've only dealt with GS once for a FPR that came to Scotland in like 3 days or something...roughly 10 days before i expected it to , so in my book their service is excellent. I agree with Satinsax , give them a call and see if they'll half the extra charge...maybe they made an honest mistake with yhe original shipping cost , but i would expect them to at least meet you half way on this.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
About this Discussion
42 Replies
22 Participants
boxman
SaabCentral Forums
SaabCentral forum the most comprehensive Saab resource on the internet. Join our discussions on the Saab 9-3, Saab 9-5, Saab 900, Saab 9000 and all other Saab models, choose your forum.
Full Forum Listing