SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gearbox picture and rear seat question + keys

Keys... Just asking becuase I saw a key set on ebay which had the key but it also had a seperate keyfob - which I dont have.. Should I have one, or would this be from a later model?
I guess this would be for the alarm/immobiliser stuff which the part exchange dealer told me this car doesnt have..?

If anyone is able to, I would really like to see a picture of the gearbox, like this but without the tape. Asked at the saab dealer and they couldnt tell me what is suppost to be under the tape.. Id really like to know what it is before I take the tape off.

Also my rear seats dont seem to be fixed in properly. From the boot, I can push the backs forwards, they dont seem to be clipped in like in most other cars. I didnt have a proper look though.
Then the left hand seat (the single one, with the right side being the double) slides forward. It was dark so I didnt have a proper look but I guess there is a way of locking it in place (but my passenger was a bit scared :))

·
Registered
936 Posts
It is covering the transmission dipstick hole....how could the dealers not know that?

As for the seats on the outer side of the back of each seat are two small plastic rounded triangle bits....you pulle them foward to unlock the back of the seats and you can fold them down, sometimes the plastic rounded triangle bits fall off, there should stil be a little metal arm...make sure the seatbelt isnt in the way and push back the seat back and it will lock into place. The bottom parts of the seats have little pull straps that release them and allowed them to be pulled foward and folded.....to get them back in place make sure nothing is in the way and push straigh back, youll probably hear a spring noise and they will pop back into place.

·
Registered
936 Posts
btw i dont see the outline of the dipstick ring/handle bit, so dont undo the tape until you have a new dipstick to put back in.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
From what I can tell, the dipstick is still in there, but the tape is holding it in. I have a manual transmission, and that is where the dipstick goes. I wouldn't take off the tape though unless you have a new dipstick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts