SaabCentral Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( Left work today and my 04 9-3 Linear ran just fine. Stopped to get gas and when I restarted the car, my display said gearbox malfunction-contact saab dealer. Last week I had it into the dealer for a check engine light and had a censor replaced. Both times the car seemed to be running fine. All gears seem to be working ok. Is this a computer glitch or worse?

·
Registered
91 Posts
It's no biggie. Just needs a software update. There most likely is nothing mechanically wrong with your transmission. Though after a few weeks (post update) if you notice it's not shifting the way it used to, ask for another update. After my "gearbox malfunction" I got a software update. However, it didn't shift as smooth, and it started slipping between 2nd and 3rd. I complained about the slipping and got another software update. No slip between 2nd & 3rd, and shifts much better.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the help. I did some more researching in the forums after I posted this. I did not realize there were so many threads on it. Guess I should have looked before posting. Thanks anyway for putting up with the new guy. Love my car. You guys are great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts