SaabCentral Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 V6 Vert with 40,000 miles. I was on a trip (200 miles) after a rest stop, the Gear Box Malfunction, Stability Control Failure and Traction Control Failure warnings all came on. I stopped, turned the car off and restarted and the warnings did not repeat. While driving back, about half way while driving the three warnings repeated again. This time though I stopped and restarted numerous times, the warnings repeated and the car was in Limp Mode. I went about ten miles, occassionaly restarting with no luck. Each time I turned the key on I could hear a faint clicking sound. Then after another restart, the warnings went away. The car is behaving normally again for the last three days.
Of note, the Battery Main Switch failed and the Dealer jury rigged a bypass since they could locate a new part. The Air Bag Malfunction Light comes on but can be disabled by pushing the clear button.
Does anyone have any suggestions? The warranty ran out about three weeks ago. Is this a computer failure, a transmission failure or a sensor problem?
Any ideas would be helpful.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
First thing to check when your Saab starts throwing random errors: the battery. Take it to an autozone or similar parts store and have them test it. If its getting weak, it can confuse the computer.

On a side note, most of us have found Walmart to be the cheapest place for a new battery on the 2.8.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Agreed---step 1 is to check the battery and replace if needed. If the dealer's ghetto battery work-around is loose or shorting, you could get these problems.

Beyond that, it would help to get a code reader.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, dealer stuck me with a new battery when they installed the work around a couple of months ago. But I will go to AutoZone and have them check the codes.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
More Troubles

After clearing the codes, the car ran fine for a few days, but today all the malfunctions reoccurred. I stopped at an Advanced Auto Parts and had them run the codes.
P2281 - Air leak between Throttle Body
P0700 Trans Control System Malfunction
P0101 MAFor VAF A CKT range
P1896 See Service Manual
P1895 See Service Manual

Can anyone help decipher these codes? I had them clear the codes and the car ran fine again.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts